• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Millers' 7 Round Mock (Panthers info only)

47 minutes ago, CRA said:

as Clemson fan.....I hope we don't break the Clemson drought by drafting a Clemson DB. 

He’s not one  I would have a problem passing on ha - imagine we could slip to the mid second - we met with him so could be a top of third consideration.

CB rankings are all over the place this season - Quinton and Arnold may be the only 1sts. Possibly McKinstry, doubt the Iowa kid does.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

as Clemson fan.....I hope we don't break the Clemson drought by drafting a Clemson DB. 

Does Thomas or Shipley intrigue you at all for us breaking the drought?

I think Thomas can be that EDGE we need, while not having to blow a 2nd on him. 

20 hours ago, Basbear said:

Take this as a pure rumor- panthers loved barton and are eyeing him with the 33rd. 

@Verge what have you heard?? 

Don't get me excited on Barton. He was taking some C snaps today at his pro-day and Jeremiah thinks he's a center in the NFL. I assumed he'd be off the board along with JPJ.

9 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Does Thomas or Shipley intrigue you at all for us breaking the drought?

I think Thomas can be that EDGE we need, while not having to blow a 2nd on him. 

I'd love Shipley in around the 4th.  I think he could have immediate impact in a RB committee being the rec option.   I think as rookie he likely could outplay everyone here as receiver out of the backfield. 

Thomas doesn't rank super high on my list of DL players out of Clemson the last several years.  I'd like him in a 4-3 better than 3-4 look.  He never lived up to what he was supposed to in college. 

• Beer 1

Just now, CRA said:

I'd love Shipley in around the 4th.  I think he could have immediate impact in a RB committee being the rec option.   I think as rookie he likely could outplay everyone here as receiver out of the backfield. 

Thomas doesn't rank super high on my list of DL players out of Clemson the last several years.  I'd like him in a 4-3 better than 3-4 look. 

Shipley would be a great Christmas gift for bryce

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Shipley would be a great Christmas gift for bryce

he is a true poor man's CMC 

and he 100% should be a role player in a backfield at the next level.  Not the dude.  That should never be the expectation there. 

On 3/27/2024 at 1:26 PM, frankw said:

Idk about Legette. But can we please stop acting like Mingo is the worst WR we've ever drafted?

Are you suggesting we give a young player more time before deciding that he sucks?

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 2

19 hours ago, frankw said:

Worst team in the league by a wide margin (didn't we get shut out by the fuging Jaguars lol) and you don't see a distinct lack of leadership? That starts at the top.

I agree that we had a distinct lack of leadership, but I don't know how you can begin to assign the blame to any one individual player.  A head coach, sure.  But I think if your team of grey-haired NFL coaches and multi-year NFL vets has to rely on a 22-year-old rookie to be the sole leader or else everything comes crashing down, then you've got some serious problems in that locker room that go far beyond the QB.  Saying "we were a bad team, ergo Bryce Young is a bad leader" just seems like a weird leap to make.

Surely your criteria for a QB's leadership isn't as simple as his team's W/L record...right?  I'm just curious then, do you think Cam Newton was a good leader every odd season, but a bad leader every even season?  Or is it more likely that team performance is an unreliable metric for leadership?

image.png.182937d2d8813fdad79eb1dab588bbc2.png

Blast Young's arm strength and physical size all you want, that's fair game.  But baselessly questioning Young's leadership makes you no better than the people you railed against for questioning Stroud's character in the offseason.  Let's not be one of those people who apply principles inconsistently depending on whether it's someone you like or dislike.

1 hour ago, rodeo said:

Mingo has never jumped or fought for a ball in his Panthers career. You guys seeing him in Legette are wild.

The Qb has to be willing to throw it first, we wont know about Legette unless that happens as well.

1 hour ago, rodeo said:

Mingo has never jumped or fought for a ball in his Panthers career. You guys seeing him in Legette are wild.

yep, it's like looking up a WR and seeing he is 5-9 and thinking that means he is similar to Steve Smith.  

I'm a Gamecock hater....and even I want the gamble on Leggette after watching him this year.  Mingo and Leggette didn't play the same game at WR.  And Mingo never saw the success Leggette did at his college peak.  

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

I agree that we had a distinct lack of leadership, but I don't know how you can begin to assign the blame to any one individual player.  A head coach, sure.  But I think if your team of grey-haired NFL coaches and multi-year NFL vets has to rely on a 22-year-old rookie to be the sole leader or else everything comes crashing down, then you've got some serious problems in that locker room that go far beyond the QB.  Saying "we were a bad team, ergo Bryce Young is a bad leader" just seems like a weird leap to make.

I do think you can talk about what we can see....and Bryce Young to date, presents more like an Eli Manning type at QB than a Cam Newton in terms of how he carries himself.   I mean, there isn't one path/way to do things.  

end of the day, Eli got 2 rings. 

30 minutes ago, CRA said:

I do think you can talk about what we can see....and Bryce Young to date, presents more like an Eli Manning type at QB than a Cam Newton in terms of how he carries himself.   I mean, there isn't one path/way to do things.  

end of the day, Eli got 2 rings. 

Right...that's my point.  There's no one archetype of a leader.  Some people seem to think a leader is someone who is fiery and screams a lot.  Like I guess Travis Kelce screaming in the face of Andy Reid in the Super Bowl must have given these people chills as the epitome of leadership.  So that's what people want and expect from Bryce, but for better or worse he ain't that...although he does have that side to him as well as was evident during the primetime game against the Bears.  I'm not even saying Bryce is for sure some kind of amazing leader.  But I think judging his leadership off how much he yells and his team's W/L record is asinine.  For example the camera would often pan to him on the sideline standing up and rallying his o-line.  That's more of the stuff I associate with leadership.