• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers extend defensive tackle Derrick Brown

7 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Burns was never a star. He thought he was a star but he was the only one. 

Good point.  But if he wasn't, who were they referring to?  Chinn?  YGM?  Corral? CMC?  

We basically have kept Moton, Shaq Thompson, and Brown---but  Ickey, Horn, Chubba, BC, Tremble, Marshall, Mingo--and none of them have come up for a second contract yet. 

Edited by MHS831

2 minutes ago, BlazeCarolina said:

Glad this part is over.  Necessary and deserved and seems to be a decent deal.

Now time to talk to Gilly.

I was hoping the timing of this extension might be for that reason.   Makes sense.

40 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Morgan hasn’t made a bad move yet. 

Of course, it is early, but I agree with you.  And I, unlike some of the Huddlers whose prom pictures were with their right hands with a wrist corsage, admit when I was wrong.  I hated the Morgan hire.  Changed my mind, of course.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

The Carolina Panthers and defensive tackle Derrick Brown have agreed to a four-year contract extension, the team announced Friday, with a source telling ESPN's Adam Schefter that the $96 million deal includes $63.165 million guaranteed.

The $24 million per year average on Brown's extension is the fourth highest in the NFL for a defensive tackle. It trails only the Chiefs' Chris Jones, Raiders' Christian Wilkins and Ravens' Justin Madubuike, who all signed new contracts as free agents during the offseason.

• Pie 1

DB is a really good player that contract is rich hopefully he continues to improve to make it a fair contract.  Right now not sure he is the fourth best DT in the nfl but still glad panthers held onto him.  

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

28 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Of course, it is early, but I agree with you.  And I, unlike some of the Huddlers whose prom pictures were with their right hands with a wrist corsage, admit when I was wrong.  I hated the Morgan hire.  Changed my mind, of course.

I'm still not cheering the Morgan hire, yet. We've supposedly won the off-season for five years running.

Though the Brown extension is a great one at a reasonable price, I think we can also surmise that it was a no-brainer since he was one of about three guys who put in decent work last season at the beginning, middle and end of the year. 

Right now Morgan still needs to prove he's more than a blind squirrel having a good day.

• Pie 3