• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers extend defensive tackle Derrick Brown

14 hours ago, jb2288 said:

thank you. it was clear about 7 games into his rookie season dude was a star. i remember huddle shrieking over his sack numbers year 1/2 and completely ignoring everything else. happy for d brown

I don’t know about that. He def had some growing pains. Hell, first play of his career he was offsides. 

he definitely belonged physically though. That was why I liked the pick originally; he was just throwing people around in the SEC. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

If we would have been able to keep Luvu I would give us an A offseason but I realize he clearly wanted a change of scenery and Morgan tried to make a last minute push to sign him, so we we cannot blame Morgan for that. A very solid foundation has been placed, especially if we can get back to landing starters through the draft, something we have really been horrible at the last few years. 

20 hours ago, electro's horse said:

I take that back Luvu was a bad move imo, but I guess Morgan doesn’t think Luvu will be worth it the next time the panthers are competitive. 

There was a report(panther leak?) that panthers offered more money, but luvu picked wash cause he was a better fit for their defense. Quinn sold him on the angle he'd be in the Parsons role for wash. 

we all keep blessin evero, but you say he didn't play luvu or chinn correctly. I thought for sure luvu would have gotten more OLB and biltzin snaps, but he was a "old school" MLB role. In part shaqs injury could have forced that too. 

Im about 50/50 on Morgan thus far and feel the draft results are more important than giving 153 million to OGs. 

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, jb2288 said:

thank you. it was clear about 7 games into his rookie season dude was a star. i remember huddle shrieking over his sack numbers year 1/2 and completely ignoring everything else. happy for d brown

Yep. Half the huddle was whining about him being a bust because he wasn’t getting sacks while half of us saw how he was actually affecting the defense. I was waiting for a human to make a thread about this but it never happened so I figure it’s time to chime in heh. Very pleased about this, we gave the right DL the big extension. I saw some jackssses saying on Facebook that were losers for extending a guy that was on a 2-15 team and that kind of ignorance will never cease to amaze me. Aikman’s first year I think they won one game, so I guess they should have gotten rid of all those hall of gamers before they even got started. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

There was a report(panther leak?) that panthers offered more money, but luvu picked wash cause he was a better fit for their defense. Quinn sold him on the angle he'd be in the Parsons role for wash. 

we all keep blessin evero, but you say he didn't play luvu or chinn correctly. I thought for sure luvu would have gotten more OLB and biltzin snaps, but he was a "old school" MLB role. In part shaqs injury could have forced that too. 

Im about 50/50 on Morgan thus far and feel the draft results are more important than giving 153 million to OGs. 

I’m quite confident that Shaq’s injury forced him to play Luvu out of position cuz he was the only guy that could. The OGs will prove their worth, whether it’s for Bryce or for the guy we get next year. A stout interior OL is critical for a young QB, not to mention the run game. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

31 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I’m quite confident that Shaq’s injury forced him to play Luvu out of position cuz he was the only guy that could. The OGs will prove their worth, whether it’s for Bryce or for the guy we get next year. A stout interior OL is critical for a young QB, not to mention the run game. 

This is what I’m happy. Even if they don’t help Bryce out a ton them upgrading both spots will help out Hubbard and Sanders.  Just run it all the time like when Wilks coached. 

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Luvu was never resigning here

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Yep. Half the huddle was whining about him being a bust because he wasn’t getting sacks while half of us saw how he was actually affecting the defense. I was waiting for a human to make a thread about this but it never happened so I figure it’s time to chime in heh. Very pleased about this, we gave the right DL the big extension. I saw some jackssses saying on Facebook that were losers for extending a guy that was on a 2-15 team and that kind of ignorance will never cease to amaze me. Aikman’s first year I think they won one game, so I guess they should have gotten rid of all those hall of gamers before they even got started. 

His PFF grade went from 60 to 90.  If you thought he was gonna do that then props.  But he was not good as a rookie.  And he was billed as a man ready to play.

9 hours ago, electro's horse said:

I don’t know about that. He def had some growing pains. Hell, first play of his career he was offsides. 

he definitely belonged physically though. That was why I liked the pick originally; he was just throwing people around in the SEC. 

That’s what I said tho. Took about 7 games in, and it was clear dude would be a star. He had some growing pains and tough first few games then it really clicked for him and he’s only gotten better since 

On 4/6/2024 at 9:39 PM, jb2288 said:

That’s what I said tho. Took about 7 games in, and it was clear dude would be a star. He had some growing pains and tough first few games then it really clicked for him and he’s only gotten better since 

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh I dunno about that 

star of that draft was obviously chinn. 

brown looked like he belonged, but there were no lights coming on. off the top of my head I was kinda worried about him until about a quarter through 2022, when he started blowing through double teams and tossing people to the ground. 

sometimes it takes players a while to realize they’re bigger and stronger than everyone in the pros too, ie shaq.