• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offseason program begins

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Both Murray and Tua bulked up after college, let's see if Bryce will take a page out of their books or will just rely on his brain power to get better.

Tua took like 3 years to fully bulk and most of the post college weight was not being able to walk for a few months.

Murray was always kinda stout.

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

lol 

The man hit the wights and put on some muscle.  I'm not a Murray fan, but he bulked up realizing it was best for his durability.  Again, let's see if Bryce does the same.  He doesn't strike me as a gym rat though.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The man hit the wights and put on some muscle.  I'm not a Murray fan, but he bulked up realizing it was best for his durability.  Again, let's see if Bryce does the same.  He doesn't strike me as a gym rat though.

True, you still have to give it a few years though to see.

I don’t see bulking up as a big deal. What would it do for him? Won’t help his arm or that disaster he claims as mechanics and footwork.

Probably make him a tick less quick, which he is not impressively quick now - doesn’t need to be slower.

And the reasoning, I guess, is because it will help him with hits, where he did fine last year at featherweight. 

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Seems like it doesn't help at all for his health and durability since he bulked up...........

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, bythenbrs said:

He’s a nice young man.  I hope he and the team can generate some success this season.  

He needs a nickname, maybe that will help.  Never forget:  "Philly catches the ball. Corey is a nice young man."

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, strato said:

I don’t see bulking up as a big deal. What would it do for him? Won’t help his arm or that disaster he claims as mechanics and footwork.

Probably make him a tick less quick, which he is not impressively quick now - doesn’t need to be slower.

And the reasoning, I guess, is because it will help him with hits, where he did fine last year at featherweight. 

It’s not a big deal, people are complaining just to complain.

The majority of QB injuries are lower body or hand related anyway so the argument that bulking up will make Bryce more durable is foolish.

Only Watson and Richardson suffered shoulder injuries last year and they are already much bigger than Bryce so the idea that Bryce needs to bulk up is idiotic.

I also love how bulking up is supposed to make a QB more durable and the two QB’s used as an example in this thread have their own injury history (concussions and ACL).

It’s all just a bunch of nonsense.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1