• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic’s 2024 3 Round Mock Draft

33 39 and 65 all better be offense 

I don’t care one bit about the defense. They’re good enough as is. We’ve seen what we are with a good defense and we end up losing 9-0 or 17-3. 

Our weapons on offense are still crap and we currently don’t really have a center 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

33 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

https://theathletic.com/5394632/2024/04/08/nfl-mock-draft-2024-quarterbacks-drake-maye/?source=user_shared_article

Not bad but based on this mock my perfect draft would be:

#33 - Darius Robinson Edge/DE/Mizzou Jackson Powers-Johnson/C/Oregon (depends on which one Detroit goes with)

#39 -  Xavier Legette/WR/UofSC

#65 -Peyton Wilson/LB/NCST

Meh.  Not crazy about either of the second round picks.  Wilson falling to the 3rd is questionable, but a steal if so.

1 hour ago, Prowler2k18 said:

https://theathletic.com/5394632/2024/04/08/nfl-mock-draft-2024-quarterbacks-drake-maye/?source=user_shared_article

#33 - Darius Robinson Edge/DE/Mizzou Jackson Powers-Johnson/C/Oregon (depends on which one Detroit goes with)

This would be an excellent draft, and one that is representative of prioritizing guys that have high ceilings with that dawg in them. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Prowler2k18 said:

can we just forget drafting a center in round 2.  its not happening.  Carolina is not going to let a center sit for a year and there not putting a rookie center in front of Bryce in a year he needs to prove he can play in this league.  The front office has done everything this offseason to protect Bryce, they will not toss in an unknown in the most important spot for Bryce.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, chknwing said:

can we just forget drafting a center in round 2.  its not happening.  Carolina is not going to let a center sit for a year and there not putting a rookie center in front of Bryce in a year he needs to prove he can play in this league.  The front office has done everything this offseason to protect Bryce, they will not toss in an unknown in the most important spot for Bryce.

are you suggesting that corbett at center isnt an unknown?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

48 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

are you suggesting that corbett at center isnt an unknown?

Round 2 is the problem. Powers-Johnson is going to be gone. There is no other center worth drafting so high. 

46 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Round 2 is the problem. Powers-Johnson is going to be gone. There is no other center worth drafting so high. 

the dude from WV is supposed to be good but I dont know, I do know however that P-J is an animal and I seriously doubt he goes past pitt.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

Now I have a bit of a draft crush on Darius Robinson and Peyton Wilson. I love the idea of Darius on first and second down on the outside, then moving to the inside for third down.

Add in X to this and it would be a hell of a draft for Morgan. 

That said, I don't see this happening. I think X is going to go a lot higher than some people think. Chance he doesn't make it out of the 1st.