• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could this tight end be one of the 2nd round picks...

I know its been a ton of talk about different wide receivers in the draft but I think Sanders has potential  to be a stud.  Apparently there is some interest in the  Texas TE.  Tight End is and will always be the most important  position in a great offense. You have a stud Tight End and the rest of the offense becomes more dynamic. Could he be the pick at 33 or 39?  His grade is 2/3rd round with some scouts preferring him over Bowers in this class. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/panthers-reportedly-bringing-texas-te-174555547.html

https://youtu.be/excIVEeZ8_8?si=lrBWHLfKShKX2llF

Edited by Lurk21
  • Pie 3

While I agree with your premise of an elite TE making the offense so much easier, the chances of a drafted tight end being elite are extremely low. This team has too many holes to be gambling on a 2nd round tight end. Any tight end that isn't elite can be had in free agency for cheap.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

While I agree with your premise of an elite TE making the offense so much easier, the chances of a drafted tight end being elite are extremely low. This team has too many holes to be gambling on a 2nd round tight end. Any tight end that isn't elite can be had in free agency for cheap.

I understand  what you mean but this dude is a bona-fide weapon. Tight End has always been a young qbs beat friend outside of the run game too. I'm not saying we will draft him but I'm pretty sure it's being discussed. 

The best TEs in the league were not first round guys. Those amazing first round TE prospects rarely pan out. 

Kelce was drafted in the 3rd and Kittle was drafted in the 5th. 

Elite TEs can be found later in the draft, even Gronk was a 2nd rounder. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Lurk21 said:

I know its been a ton of talk about different wide receivers in the draft but I think Sanders has potential  to be a stud.  Apparently there is some interest in the  Texas TE.  Tight End is and will always be the most important  position in a great offense. You have a stud Tight End and the rest of the offense becomes more dynamic. Could he be the pick at 33 or 39?  His grade is 2/3rd round with some scouts preferring him over Bowers in this class. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/panthers-reportedly-bringing-texas-te-174555547.html

https://youtu.be/excIVEeZ8_8?si=lrBWHLfKShKX2llF

Hell fuggin yes!

WR/TE no need to double dip at WR. Get our future WR and TE back to back. If Bryce fails our QB in 2025 is set up nicely.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Hell fuggin yes!

WR/TE no need to double dip at WR. Get our future WR and TE back to back. If Bryce fails our QB in 2025 is set up nicely.

Definitely  on my mind and being this is a deeper wr than te draft... the drop off from Sanders to the next tight end (Kinnot)ain't too bad but after that we would be reaching. Sanders presents a mismatch from the tight end position and since Gre has left, we definitely  feel that void.  I'd bet  late 2nd all the way to 4th round will present wr starting options. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Lurk21 said:

Definitely  on my mind and being this is a deeper wr than te draft... the drop off from Sanders to the next tight end (Kinnot)ain't too bad but after that we would be reaching. Sanders presents a mismatch from the tight end position and since Gre has left, we definitely  feel that void.  I'd bet  late 2nd all the way to 4th round will present wr starting options. 

Yeah TE wasn't even on my mind, but it definitely is now. If we can get our WR and TE out of this draft that would be great.

This kid has speed and YAC ability. It's about time we draft another great TE. We seen what Olsen did for Cam. A TE is a young QB's best friend.

• Pie 1