• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kiper's latest mock has us trading 33

We trade down with Giants (who want Bo) to pick 47 and get their 2025 second. 

At 39 we pick Ladd

At 47 we pick JPJ

For those interested

Legette goes to the Chiefs.

AD to the Lions

Worthy to Chargers (via Minny)

Chop to Tampa

Kool-Aid to Ravens

Darius Robinson to the Cards (via Hou)

https://oldnorthbanter.com/posts/panthers-pull-off-major-trade-in-mel-kiper-s-latest-mock-draft-01hv43fkbn84

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Toker Smurf said:

Probably take that. If Bryce sucks again, we should be picking near the top in 2025. Two 2s could come in handy to move up for another QB, possibly. 

Pretty sure we traded next years 2nd in the Bryce deal lol. Gonna sting for a while longer

• Pie 5

Here is why I have been predicting a trade of pick #33:

Everyone leaves day 1 and meets before day 2 begins.  Someone will want that pick.

If we can add a second rounder, it gives us the ability to trade up in the 2015 first round if needed.  The Panthers are turning the corner in 2024, but they plan to hit the gas in 2025.  The future is part of the equation.

There is a pretty flat plateau of talent if you take away need.  I think we will grab a WR and a LB in round 2, so the difference between 33 and 47 does not impact the LB market much.  If Ladd were to fall from 33 to 39, it would be a win win.  Just my opinion, but we need that second rounder to have some options next year should we need to move up for a QB, for example.

• Pie 2