• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Dave Tepper would review play call data, review with Reich

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He is a business man and knows when to cut his losses. This is what kind of gives me hope he will eventually get it right. He also seems to be trying a different approach each time from Rhule, to Reich, and now a firm to help hire Canales all 3 very different candidates. 

yeah, I don't disagree.  My only worry is I think sometimes Tepper overcorrects off the most recent error.   I think Rhule was a 180 from Ron.  Reich a 180 from Rhule.   Maybe this one isn't such an overcorrection given he tried to keep what worked (D) and only carve out what didn't (O). 

I still think he might of gone too young off of Frank.  Canales and the OC have a combined 1 year of NFL playcalling between them.  Think that pairs up better with vets than a struggling rookie QB. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

yeah, I don't disagree.  My only worry is I think sometimes Tepper overcorrects off the most recent error.   I think Rhule was a 180 from Ron.  Reich a 180 from Rhule.   Maybe this one isn't such an overcorrection given he tried to keep what worked (D) and only carve out what didn't (O). 

I still think he might of gone too young off of Frank.  Canales and the OC have a combined 1 year of NFL playcalling between them.  Think that pairs up better with vets than a struggling rookie QB. 

Our offensive staff is pretty young, but at least Canales has been coaching in the NFL for a decent amount of time.  HIs play calling is obviously very green, but I might prefer that over a stubborn vet at this point.  Hopefully he will stay pretty open minded and adjust it based on the results on the fields because Reich did not... The good news is if he doesn't work out, Tepper won't be afraid to move on from him.  

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Our offensive staff is pretty young, but at least Canales has been coaching in the NFL for a decent amount of time.  HIs play calling is obviously very green, but I might prefer that over a stubborn vet at this point.  Hopefully he will stay pretty open minded and adjust it based on the results on the fields because Reich did not... The good news is if he doesn't work out, Tepper won't be afraid to move on from him.  

I mean, it's no secret, I not a huge fan of the new changes BUT I will say this....

I think Morgan and Canales have the potential to address the culture here.  And to me, that also is a pretty big deal.  Our culture and attitude sucks and has for awhile.   I think Morgan gets it and I think Canales is good in that department. 

But I think in the end, the QB is the end all be all to most problems.  That's what you got to hit.  I hope to see a very different Young this year.  I still don't think this org knows how to build around him.  Think Bryce is too unique.  Guess we will see after the draft. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, CRA said:

But I think in the end, the QB is the end all be all to most problems.  That's what you got to hit.  I hope to see a very different Young this year.  I still don't think this org knows how to build around him.  Think Bryce is too unique.  Guess we will see after the draft. 

I think Canales will actually try to improve on it rather than whatever Reich was doing ignoring it last year, but I just don't see Bryce being able to correct his footwork. Maybe Reich made a little effort and gave up, who knows

On 4/17/2024 at 10:51 AM, CanadianCat said:

Like FFS I get people here dont like Tepper but lets not make poo up just to fuel that hate. 

Everything Tepper has done this year is positive. Hell even what he did last year in the offseason was positive. I blame Reich more on putting a poor staff together that didnt work then Tepper. All Reich said last offseason was how Tepper allowed them to spend as much money as they needed to build the staff. 

Found Nicole

• Beer 1

23 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I think Canales will actually try to improve on it rather than whatever Reich was doing ignoring it last year, but I just don't see Bryce being able to correct his footwork. Maybe Reich made a little effort and gave up, who knows

This season might really tell some truth. 

Last season, and the craziest sounding part:  Reich wanted to wait and fix Young in the offseason.=

I say Reich knew Young was bigly flawed but thought he had the processor and maybe it could make up for things somewhat. But nothing had really worked by, say, early August, and now you see the panic coming. I bet they tried everything they knew to try and none of it had helped. 

I now believe at that point the new plan they formulated was to get Young benched before too much damage happened.  They might could save the season with Dalton,. but even if not they could maybe fix Bryce in the offseason and save him AND the team from what we witnessed.  

That would completely align with a plan to fix him in the offseason, and made it not seem like such a stupid thing. Don’t know why I never put that together sooner. 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, strato said:

This season might really tell some truth. 

Last season, and the craziest sounding part:  Reich wanted to wait and fix Young in the offseason.=

I say Reich knew Young was bigly flawed but thought he had the processor and maybe it could make up for things somewhat. But nothing had really worked by, say, early August, and now you see the panic coming. I bet they tried everything they knew to try and none of it had helped. 

I now believe at that point the new plan they formulated was to get Young benched before too much damage happened.  They might could save the season with Dalton,. but even if not they could maybe fix Bryce in the offseason and save him AND the team from what we witnessed.  

That would completely align with a plan to fix him in the offseason, and made it not seem like such a stupid thing. Don’t know why I never put that together sooner. 

I think they were fooling themselves until the Jets week and then poo their pants and supposedly tried to change/add to the playbook the week of game 1. I can’t find the article but I remember hearing something about that recently

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

I think they were fooling themselves until the Jets week and then poo their pants and supposedly tried to change/add to the playbook the week of game 1. I can’t find the article but I remember hearing something about that recently

Yeah that came up not long ago. The pistol formation.... 

If Tepper agrees to bench Young, Reich is probably still here. 

I have said this before but advantage: Canales. He has no illusions nor surprises as to what he is signing up for, unlike Reich. And he will have had the entire offseason with the QB, the lay of the land is clear. 

• Beer 1

On 4/18/2024 at 9:11 AM, frankw said:

You cite unnamed "outside sources" and then accuse others of peddling conspiracy theories simply for suggesting maybe we wait until the man himself speaks. Which he will.

Try taking your own advice bud.

unnamed sources lol

why you are sitting on this forum each day obsessively mashing the refresh button if you aren’t giving any credence to any of the prominent insiders that make this forum go? We’ve seen you do it.

lets go ahead and mark this post as a delineation point in which you no longer comment on anything that any of the local best reporters have to say, if only so we do not have to endure you pretending to filter out what you want to believe from what you do not want to believe as anything approaching an objective standard 

Frank Reich wanted Bryce young. That’s backed by the only credible reporting we’ve gotten on the matter. Unnamed sources are now insider journalism works. If you want to masquerade in the fairy tale of your confirmation bias you’re welcome to but you’re going to get challenged on it when you try to spread the misinformation publicly 

Tepper cuts bait early, but I hope he realizes that his instincts up until this season have been completely wrong. Promoting Morgan is a big deal  here’s why.

I’m glad culture was brought up. I do think Morgan will get things rolling in the right direction. He’s suited up in that locker room. He knows Panthers, bust you in your mouth, football. Players will respect him. I guarantee he along with Brown are the undisputed leaders in the locker room already. Their philosophies are almost identical. This is good. I bet they’ve already talked about this.

The fact that Tepper finally promoted someone from the old guard, may be a sign of showing some humility. Morgan was a DAWG. He knows what it takes to win, and he knows what winners look like. 

• Beer 1

On 4/17/2024 at 11:03 AM, Riverboat Ron said:

I mean it’s painfully obvious this franchise is screwed with Tepper.

yeah unless you are blind to the facts it's hard to argue otherwise...just saying