• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 Game 2 Canes vs Isles 7:30pm

49 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Also did anyone else notice Aho sitting on Martin as retribution for last year? That poo was funny. 

49 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Also did anyone else notice Aho sitting on Martin as retribution for last year? That poo was funny. 

Canes got that Dawg in them this year

• Flames 1

9 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Be prepared, the goons will be out from this point on. You all know it’s coming, prepare for it. Just hope we get through without further injury.

Guenz - Aho - Svech(Enforcer)

Necas - KK(Enforcer) - TT

Martinook(Enforcer) - Staal(Shutdown) - Jarvis

Noesen(Enforcer) - Kuz - Drury(fighter)

Slavin - Burns(Shut downs)

Skjei - TDA(Enforcer)

Orlov(Shut down) - Chatty(Scraper)

Seems like Rod has the enforcing pretty well distributed right now in anticipation of this. I think TDA will direct draw into Skjei’s line. But he could push chatty up and pair orlov with TDA. I’d prefer direct draw in though. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Flames 1

Sorry ladies and gents..  but I don't post durning games usually.. Last night they needed me to focus on what was at hand..   23 shoots on goal at one time and one goal.   whew.. 

I'll admit,  I thought Rod pulled  Andersen and little too early at the 2:48 mark.  Down 3-1 .. 

Sooooo glad he's out coach.   2 goals in 80 seconds..   and the magic had already happened before the Islanders knew what happened.   2: 48..  and we WIN.  Amazing. This can happen in the regular season...  but we're talking playoff hockey and it happening. 

Loving that Maple Leaf win ..  F the Bruins ..

Hurricane.jpg

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

I usually have to catch games after they start, so I stay out of these threads to not catch spoilers.  I have to admit when it was 11:30pm and I was right at halfway through the 3rd I was thinking this wasn't looking good. I was ready for bed, but I knew the Isles are good at blowing leads so I checked the score.  Kind of wish now I wouldn't have done that, but man was it still magical to watch.  Jealous of you guys who were in the house last night.

My point here is I usually read through the thread the next day.  You guys really need to start on page 3-4 and read through it again; it's quite hilarious.  We are some of the most bipolar fans in the NHL.

Great win.  GO CANES!!!

• Beer 1
  • Flames 3

I don't think the Isles can afford to go thug mode. They'll continue to rack up PIM and lose focus on winning the game. 

I also don't think Patrick Roy will let them go down that road. He's building the Isles and they need to win 1 at home. I think they will.

18 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

I don't think the Isles can afford to go thug mode. They'll continue to rack up PIM and lose focus on winning the game. 

I also don't think Patrick Roy will let them go down that road. He's building the Isles and they need to win 1 at home. I think they will.

If memory serves me correct, last year, games 1-2 vs the isles they played goon mode and it backfired horrendously for them.  Once they moved to playing real hockey they played well. Their team this year is worse so it won’t matter. But if they go goon, our speed and talent will takeover like last year. 

• Flames 1