• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young vs Caleb Williams

CRA

I will say this, as a luke warm to cold Bryce guy....I'd much rather pull for Bryce Young vs having to pull for Caleb Williams. 

Caleb seems mentally weak, idiotic, and unable to lead a team of grown men due to being a mega clown.  Bryce just lacks the Madden created tools you want your QB to have and likely is going to resemble Eli's leadership more so than Peyton's.  And the brothers got the same rings in the end off both styles. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think Caleb is a massive bust waiting to happen. He is supremely talented but yeah, he seems like he's a really bad mixture of very cocky and also mentally fragile. There WILL be bumps in the road at the NFL level. There's gonna be games where you just go out there and get your ass kicked. I'm not sure if he's built to handle that. I for sure think he's boom or bust. He's either really gonna translate or he really won't. I said the same about Cam. There's certain prospects that I just don't see a whole lot of room for them to be alright. They're either gonna come in and kick ass or just flop hard.

People think I hate Bryce and I don't. He seems like a really good dude. I just don't think he has the physical talent to be a high level NFL starting QB.

• Beer 5

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think Caleb is a massive bust waiting to happen. He is supremely talented but yeah, he seems like he's a really bad mixture of very cocky and also mentally fragile. There WILL be bumps in the road at the NFL level. There's gonna be games where you just go out there and get your ass kicked. I'm not sure if he's built to handle that.

People think I hate Bryce and I don't. He seems like a really good dude. I just don't think he has the physical talent to be a high level NFL starting QB.

yeah, I'm super hard on Bryce.  But he is likeable in the end.  He didn't complain at all despite their being tons to complain about if you were him last year.   And he dusted his little self off over and over last year. 

I think if he fine tunes a lot and gets help....he can be a decent player.   The Panthers setup the expectations out of reach w/ the trade IMO.  #1 overall already comes w/ near unrealistic expectations.  Huge trade just added even more.  He doesn't have the tools to live up to the spot they essentially put him in.  Which isn't really a Bryce thing in the end but a Carolina thing.  The assets in the end put up beside what he will be is never going to look good on paper.

• Pie 3

You’re not wrong but if he performs on the field I’ll take that over Bryce’s garbage any day. Not that I think they’re anything alike but people love talking poo about Cam, Baker and Burrow’s personalities too. Doesn’t matter as long as they stay out of trouble and produce results. Time will tell where Caleb falls on the spectrum. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

yeah, I'm super hard on Bryce.  But he is likeable in the end.  He didn't complain at all despite their being tons to complain about if you were him last year.   And he dusted his little self off over and over last year. 

I think if he fine tunes a lot and gets help....he can be a decent player.   The Panthers setup the expectations out of reach w/ the trade IMO.  #1 overall already comes w/ near unrealistic expectations.  Huge trade just added even more.  He doesn't have the tools to live up to the spot they essentially put him in.  Which isn't really a Bryce thing in the end but a Carolina thing.  The assets in the end put up beside what he will be is never going to look good on paper.

I was just really confused in his evaluations. Aside from mobility every other physical traits was subpar for the NFL level. Yet oddly seemingly everyone thought it just wouldn't matter. He was just THAT mentally superior. Usually draft prospects (QBs in particular) get absolutely nitpicked to death leading up to the draft. With Bryce it was the opposite. It was a neverending stream of excuses of why he would be able to overcome all of his shortcomings. Never seen anything like it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I was just really confused in his evaluations. Aside from mobility every other physical traits was subpar for the NFL level. Yet oddly seemingly everyone thought it just wouldn't matter. He was just THAT mentally superior. Usually draft prospects (QBs in particular) get absolutely nitpicked to death leading up to the draft. With Bryce it was the opposite. It was a neverending stream of excuses of why he would be able to overcome all of his shortcomings. Never seen anything like it. 

I just think where you go matters way more than some fans acknowledge.   I think Bryce's flaws were going to matter more in some places than others.  Given what he is, his offensive scheme and the skill talent were and are going to dictate his success.  We were a worse case scenario for him essentially.  Bad scheme, bad playcalling, bad OL and weak skill talent for what he would need to do with the ball.  He frankly probably overachieved given what he was if being honest.  He is built to be in a good situation. 

• Pie 1

I have no idea how good Williams will be because I haven't bothered looking at any QB prospects this year because we have no first round pick and we have Bryce.

All I know about Williams is that he's like the poster child Gen Z kid and boomers hate him for it.

So I hope he succeeds, just not as much as Bryce and never against us.

• Beer 1

Bryce comes off as a confident leader. He sheltered his team in the media over and over for their bad play, just saying that 'he needed to play better'.

Well gees kid, you had a terrible team around you. 

Now we have a better team and I expect we will see better results.

I think we are going to have a lot of people posting "I was wrong about Bryce" threads this season. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Caleb Williams has more generational tools to justify his number 1 pick status. He has the rocket arm. He has better size. He has somr crazy pocket movement and moves. I think he checks all boxes.

His highlight reel is pretty wild.  He does hold the ball way too long though