• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Xavier Legette WR - Pick 32, Round 1

30 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Maybe. The whole 'wait till they get on the field' attitude goes both ways. Dude did zilch as a receiver for 80% of his college career and Bryce is a big question mark. Lot of moving parts in this scenario and just as much to be skeptical about as not.

My skepticism is on the QB, it all stems from him. He has to be brave enough and good enough to throw the ball into a smaller window.

This guy will fight for the ball and has the tools to win those battles. And he has the body and speed to advance the ball once he has it. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, KSpan said:

A 1st rd receiver with 25 catches for 450 yards with no real competition for playtime is absolutely a disappointment in today's NFL if the offense is producing.  However, if the offense is crap again for whatever reason, then something like that may be a deceptive statline. 

I just think Johnson will get the vast majority of targets with Thielen pulling a fair share as well.  Mixing in the other WRs, RBs, and TEs, he may only see 3-4 balls a game.  And the way he plays probably means he will miss a game or two here and there.

But he is a weapon that will help our QB.

And hopefully, he will eventually be our moose.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

so you wanted Marvin Harrison Jr at 32

Nope.  My dream was AD Mitchell.  Boom or bust prospect that has a higher ceiling and could do it all potentially with no real holes.  2nd choice was Ladd who has some concerns but has elite route running and quickness.   What elite skills would you say Legette has?

Just now, Tr3ach said:

Cant really say that because his numbers never really improved year 1-4.  Thats not a trend.

but I thought he played a fifth season? wasn’t that the premise? How’d he do? 

let’s keep the goal posts in place here friend 

2 minutes ago, strato said:

My skepticism is on the QB, it all stems from him. He has to be brave enough and good enough to throw the ball into a smaller window.

This guy will fight for the ball and has the tools to win those battles. And he has the body and speed to advance the ball once he has it. 

Yeah it's plays like this where I'm like, Bryce isn't throwing that. Not enough separation

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Growl said:

but I thought he played a fifth season? wasn’t that the premise? How’d he do? 

let’s keep the goal posts in place here friend 

I am.  You cant say he got better every year when he did nothing at all and put up stats his 5th.  Thats not getting better nor a trend.  We will have to see if he got better or if he was just a grown man playing against kids.

10 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Nope.  My dream was AD Mitchell.  Boom or bust prospect that has a higher ceiling and could do it all potentially with no real holes.  2nd choice was Ladd who has some concerns but has elite route running and quickness.   What elite skills would you say Legette has?

Morgan and Canales list off the traits they liked in their presser. have you watched it?

3 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I am.  You cant say he got better every year when he did nothing at all and put up stats his 5th.  Thats not getting better nor a trend.  We will have to see if he got better or if he was just a grown man playing against kids.

“he put up stats” 

oh the humanity 

13 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah it's plays like this where I'm like, Bryce isn't throwing that. Not enough separation

Bryce either wasn't seeing "NFL open" or he didn't have the confidence that he could make the throw. I'm not sure which is more concerning.

• Beer 1

so answer me this.  Instead of getting laser focused on a player (again) and if DC and staff are now not only qb whisperers but some on here are saying wr whisperers why not draft a player that is going to start immediately for you instead of a raw wr.  And then simply work with I dont know maybe mingo or TMJ and develop them.  Sure seems like we drafted both pretty high and have comparable measurements to XL.