• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peyton Wilson and Will Shipley

11 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

Yes to Wilson. Hell no to Shipley in the 3rd.

I don't like Ship in the 3rd, but if Bryce Young is ever going to himself....you got to start adding players that match his style of play.  Throwing to Hubbard and Sanders doesn't make them rec backs.  I'd LOVE Shipley in the 4th.   You actually have to DRAFT RBs to build your team properly.  Because you shouldn't be signing these FAs.  And every RB on the roster should be gone after this year. 

I think the ideal Panthers vision is some variation of the following based on their top 30 visits, pro days, etc. 

Leggete - done

Wilson

Rice/Walker

RB/OT/DT/DE in some order

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

agreed here.

would love payton. wouldn't love Shipley. better choices in the 3rd. Better RB choices. 

Shipley in the 4th is good though.  But I think someone likely could grab him in the 3rd.  Shipley IMO is the best actual all around RB in the draft.  But still just a committee RB at the end of the day. 

but Shipley 1000% fits the dog mentality Morgan talks about.  He takes winning and football as serious as it gets. 

• Pie 1

I’d love Wilson to work but the panthers cannot afford to draft someone with any injury history whatsoever. They just cant afford another high round pick that can’t stay on the field. 

they need like a dude who’s never missed a snap since he was in peewee football or whatever. One of those weirdos who are born without ACLs and can deadlift 500 cold. 

• Pie 4

sadly, I think if we do land a Clemson Tiger it won't be Shipley.  I think it's one of the DT/DE Tigers.  We brought 2 in for top 30s visits.  And in that case, you would prefer Ruke over Xavier with rounds not factoring. 

• Pie 1

I am of the mindset that they will draft Edgerrin Cooper or Payton WIlson at 39.  Then they might attempt to move up for a CB by the end of the round--not sure, obviously.

If the CB from Iowa is somehow there at 39, that could change things. 

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I am of the mindset that they will draft Edgerrin Cooper or Payton WIlson at 39.  Then they might attempt to move up for a CB by the end of the round--not sure, obviously.

If the CB from Iowa is somehow there at 39, that could change things. 

Cooper has been attached to them a lot lately. 

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

I’d love Wilson to work but the panthers cannot afford to draft someone with any injury history whatsoever. They just cant afford another high round pick that can’t stay on the field. 

they need like a dude who’s never missed a snap since he was in peewee football or whatever. One of those weirdos who are born without ACLs and can deadlift 500 cold. 

those are the guys that scare me the most because within a couple games here they will have one of several freak and uncharacteristic injuries that we couldn't have seen coming. 

• Pie 1

Give me Jackon Powers-johnson at 39. Beef up the interior of our offensive line with our 2 fa signings. TE or LB would be my next choice. Will Shipley should not be drafted anytime soon. Give me Jonathan Brooks if we are going RB

• Pie 4