• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Jonathan Brooks RB - 46th Pick, Round 2

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

His Texas tape looks like Miles Sanders Eagles tape. Eh. Sanders btw we owe $8M this year and no one is gonna trade for that dude

Brooks is what they thought they were getting in Sanders. Sanders will be gone as soon as it's financially feasible. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Brooks is what they thought they were getting in Sanders. Sanders will be gone as soon as it's financially feasible. 

Sanders will be on the team this year, it would be irresponsible if he wasn't.

He counts $7.7 million against the cap.

If we cut or trade him, we take a $10.5 million cap hit

It would literally cost us almost $3 million more in cap space to get rid of him than it would to just have him be a backup or inactive every week.

1 minute ago, csx said:

The Georgia center is ripe for the picking if we want him

I would feel a lot more comfortable if they had a better plan B in place at the position myself. I'm just as confident in Colberts ability and availability for an entire season at the position as the team.

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I would feel a lot more comfortable if they had a better plan B in place at the position myself. I'm just as confident in Colberts ability and availability for an entire season at the position as the team.

I think we're more likely to find a backup C option later in the draft than we would get potential impact rotational (if not starters) at other positions with this first pick in the 4th.

Take a CB, TE, Edge/LB, and they have a better chance at contributing this year than if we take a Center, who we can take later and/or look to pick up a training camp cut as a backup.

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

I think we're more likely to find a backup C option later in the draft than we would get potential impact rotational (if not starters) at other positions with this first pick in the 4th.

Take a CB, TE, Edge/LB, and they have a better chance at contributing this year than if we take a Center, who we can take later and/or look to pick up a training camp cut as a backup.

Oh I agree,  they missed out on starting centers in the draft. Let's hope plan A miraculously works.

8 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Is contributing this year the primary goal at this point? Or building  a roster ?

4 minutes ago, csx said:

Is contributing this year the primary goal at this point? Or building  a roster ?

In this instance I think they're the same thing.

With who is available, I think there are players at CB, TE, Edge that are more likely to be starters and impact players down the line than we'd get from any Center prospects at the moment.

Any Center we take with the first pick of the 4th, we'd be able to likely get an equally good center prospect later in the draft or during camp cuts.

We basically got two 1st round picks this year. Brooks and XL. I sound like a broken record but if he didn't tear his ACL he would have went in the 1st. 

No matter what happens we placed top 3 in this draft on paper . 1st place is a tie between the Bears and Cardinals.