• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Ja'Tavion Sanders TE - Pick 101, Round 4

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

If grunt work is whiffing on blocks then he is earning his money. He's basically a 6th lineman. Blocking in space is not his thing. 

I admit to not paying close attention to it but I've not heard anyone outside this community say he's not a good blocker. Just the opposite 

5 minutes ago, csx said:

I admit to not paying close attention to it but I've not heard anyone outside this community say he's not a good blocker. Just the opposite 

He's a likeable guy apparently.  He must do something to earn his roster spot but I'll be damned if I can see it. 

One of the bigger things that holds younger TEs back is the lack of true flex experience in college. Having both in-line and big slot looks. 

Last year-LaPorta had the high volume college experience, same with Kincaid & Kraft.  3 guys had it this year- Bowers, Sanders and Sinnott.  Stover a bit.  

It's reassuring to have a guy who has the experience and volume.  We're not relying on some upside and these 20-30 reception college years for 250ish yards.

This is a dude.

• Pie 3

Damn I think Sanders might have been getting better separation than XL for larger dudes. It's kinda crazy to think that no teams had to account for a pass catching tight end last year as well which spreads out those stacked safeties and LB's. So glad we're getting a TE that's not a FB experiment like Ricci or just bad all around soft dude like Ian Thomas. That room has needed some shaking up for like 5 years, guys were just chilling getting paid to do nothing 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

I will never ever understand the hatred for Bersin. He caught every pass thrown to him. Should have never been put in a position to return punts

At this point it's just a running joke amongst most fans for me. Nothing too serious. 
I didn't hate him, I thought he was serviceable. I also don't think he needed to be on the team as long as he was.

3 hours ago, PantherBoy95 said:

At this point it's just a running joke amongst most fans for me. Nothing too serious. 
I didn't hate him, I thought he was serviceable. I also don't think he needed to be on the team as long as he was.

He basically did what Thielen did every down last year

11 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

From PFF

image.png.a4d041e5f8f3f2299689c1061ab2dc3f.png

“I was a receiver in high school. So I feel I’m kind of advanced as far as receiving goes,” Sanders said. “The tight ends in this draft class — we’re the new-age tight ends. Like (Travis) Kelce and (George) Kittle and guys like (T.J.) Hockenson, they’re the guys who started the new-age tight end. But guys like me, Brock, Cade (Stover) and Jared Wiley, we’re the new-age tight ends (who) bring more of the receiving ability to the tight end position.”

13 minutes ago, Mistuh Jones said:

Got a real feeling he's gonna be the steal of the draft. I'm fugging STOKED about this kid. More than XL I will admit. 

I think he'll make the biggest impact of the whole draft if they actually target him

• Beer 1

He should become a starter by season end as he is the only TE that can catch. Brooks should eventually beat out Chuba and XL should start pretty soon. That’s 3 pretty high percentage starters from this draft. If Wallace can successfully replace Shaq next year it would be a very successful draft. Considering we had no first and walked away with a pick in each round plus a future 2nd that’s a solid job so far.