• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Panthers signing Rashad Penny

I don't think this changes much.  They just are throwing another body into the mix.  

Brooks is coming off an ACL

Cohen is still an unknown working himself into a return as far as we know

Hubbard/Sanders are basically the same dude. 

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, CRA said:

maybe we shouldn't of hired the dude that had the worst rush attack in the NFL in his only year as an OC if that is what we seek to be.  And Tampa ran into weaker boxes than most of the league and still was horrible. 

I used to definitely think this way but over time and the more examples ive considered, great coordinators dont usually make great head coaches and vice versa.  He seems energetic and positive and players seem to like playing for him.  Im goinf to wait and judge him as a head coach since its a totally different job. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, chknwing said:

theres no doubt, carolina is getting back to running the ball and beating up the other team.  And with the new tackling rule changes, hard to bring down runningbacks will have an advantage.  If bryce can stay upright and not make mistakes, carolina will not be last in the NFCS this year.

Well we have investing an insane amount of resources at RB the past two offseasons. It better pay dividends.

7 minutes ago, Verge said:

Brooks 
Hubbard 
Sanders
Penny 

Is a pretty solid RB room. It wouldn't surprise me if they carried four into the season. 

It wouldn't me either, especially if they're planning to slow-roll Brooks, and they can't rely on Penny's health to last the whole season.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well we have investing an insane amount of resources at RB the past two offseasons. It better pay dividends.

Most of that investment is Sanders, and I doubt that mistake is repeated again with the new staff.

I think Panthers can save 4m if they trade him post-June 1.  That might be the play.

Given the disfunction of the panthers offense and the lack of o-line, I could imagine a team sending a 6th for an RB just 1 year removed from 1300 yards and 11 tds.  Maybe a late 6th.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

I think Panthers can save 4m if they trade him post-June 1.  That might be the play.

Given the disfunction of the panthers offense and the lack of o-line, I could imagine a team sending a 6th for an RB just 1 year removed from 1300 yards and 11 tds.  Maybe a late 6th.

Yep

38 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I used to definitely think this way but over time and the more examples ive considered, great coordinators dont usually make great head coaches and vice versa.  He seems energetic and positive and players seem to like playing for him.  Im goinf to wait and judge him as a head coach since its a totally different job. 

I'd like Canales if he was just going to be the HC and he went out and hired a real experienced OC to do that job.  I like his rah-rah ways. 

But Canales is calling our O.  I think it will be his O.  It's last year on repeat IMO to a large extent.  I think there probably is more synergy there given Canales was at least able to bring his dude but still...

47 minutes ago, Verge said:

Brooks 
Hubbard 
Sanders
Penny 

Is a pretty solid RB room. It wouldn't surprise me if they carried four into the season. 

You forgot Blackshear, he was resigned with the new KO rule in mind.

5 is just too many. 

Maybe penny is just injury insurance, still odd signing.