• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another Reason The Panthers May have Traded Up To Get Legette

9 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i ain't slowing nothing down. 

Go Faster Wallace And Gromit GIF by Aardman Animations

if it leads to a cliff...so be it.

Gotta love the excitement police. It’s freaking sports. If fans want to be excited, let them! If it leads to disappointment then we are just back to where we were. No big deal. 

• Pie 6
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I get screwing over other teams as win, but for me it will be a true win once the picks actually work out. 

Well obviously. But until we know one way or the other that the pick has worked out, this is all we have.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Gotta love the excitement police. It’s freaking sports. If fans want to be excited, let them! If it leads to disappointment then we are just back to where we were. No big deal. 

Such a great mentality to have.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Should have called his bluff and picked Cooper DeJean if the Patriots traded up.

He was taken at 40. They could have selected him at 39 if interested.

32 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Such a great mentality to have.

If it’s out of my control why would I make a big deal? It’s a football team that’s made for entertainment. If it ever becomes a big deal when they are bad I can simply find other things to occupy my free time. Life is too short. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If it’s out of my control why would I make a big deal? It’s a football team that’s made for entertainment. If it ever becomes a big deal when they are bad I can simply find other things to occupy my free time. Life is too short. 

Exactky. Seems obvious. It's literally meaningless beyond entertainment.

• Pie 4

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Add to that the fact that we have no control as fans. Like how upset could I possibly get? 

Side note : it took my some time to get here, when I was younger I used to get dang heated over these Panthers. 

On topic : I think XL is going to be the real deal. Will go down as one of the best two WRs of this draft when it is all said and done.

Edited by PanthersGTI
  • Pie 2

I have no idea if any player or coach will be successful. But I'm not going to take a stance that they can't in May. I'd just stop following if I thought that way.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

Add to that the fact that we have no control as fans. Like how upset could I possibly get? 

Side note : it took my some time to get here, when I was younger I used to get dang heated over these Panthers. 

On topic : I think XL is going to be the real deal. Will go down as one of the best two WRs of this draft when it is all said and done.

I get it a bit during the season and during games. Last season was frustrating as hell to watch and several games I just turned off at the half. It was pretty easy, when it was not enjoyable, I simply did something else. Usually I still tuned in for the start hoping that some magical change happened between games, but when it became clear that nothing changed, I just did something else. Same thing with a lot of Rhule’s tenure. I will never understand the Debbie downer excitement police in an off season such as this when nobody has any clue how these moves will all turn out. Legette could be the next Randy Moss or the next Keary Colbert. Nobody has any clue. But it is much more enjoyable to look at the ways in which he can be great, than to try to depress myself by making him a failure in my head already.

“Guyz hold on we haven’t been good so you should be sad and depressed and never have optimism”

”Guyz guyz we can’t make fun of the Falcons because I don’t like our QB”

I don’t think these people get invited to parties.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, csx said:

I have no idea if any player or coach will be successful. But I'm not going to take a stance that they can't in May. I'd just stop following if I thought that way.

I would be more inclined to quit following over the owner ruining the team. Players produce or leave sooner or later.

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I get screwing over other teams as win, but for me it will be a true win once the picks actually work out. 

I respect and agree with everything you said here.  But for me it’s May and I’m a fan of the shiitiest team in pro football.  I gotta enjoy the wins where I can get’em

• Beer 2

20 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I get it a bit during the season and during games. Last season was frustrating as hell to watch and several games I just turned off at the half. It was pretty easy, when it was not enjoyable, I simply did something else. Usually I still tuned in for the start hoping that some magical change happened between games, but when it became clear that nothing changed, I just did something else. Same thing with a lot of Rhule’s tenure. I will never understand the Debbie downer excitement police in an off season such as this when nobody has any clue how these moves will all turn out. Legette could be the next Randy Moss or the next Keary Colbert. Nobody has any clue. But it is much more enjoyable to look at the ways in which he can be great, than to try to depress myself by making him a failure in my head already.

“Guyz hold on we haven’t been good so you should be sad and depressed and never have optimism”

”Guyz guyz we can’t make fun of the Falcons because I don’t like our QB”

I don’t think these people get invited to parties.

I doubt they do. These are the people who post things like " I was banging the table for CJ Stroud ". Bro the only person who can hear you banging the table is your wife and she don't care. Dan Morgan can't hear you. 

I'm also 100% on board with how you feel. This last season was probably the first where I didn't finish games and towards the end of the season even watch them This is as simple as it should be : I haven't let the Panthers ruin my day or change my attitude negatively since like 2010. I watch the games and root for them, I look at the upside in all FA and draft picks and I pull for the entire team through the season. Wash and repeat every season. Its great. 

• Pie 2

Posted (edited)

I watch them because I love football and there was enough Panthers love that hasn’t run out these last 6 years, that I still try. I’ll watch just because.

But now I have to do it via recording playback well after the game is over. The commercials are skipped and best of all, all that wasted red flag challenge time they use. You can watch a game real fast, when it suits you. There is no more resentment over wasting my day (to watch THAT). 

I expect a loss and don’t upset at a play because I know we aren’t winning poo and it doesn’t matter.

But it has been some really bad football for a while. Especially offense and especially Bryce last year. When I’d watch another game, every quarterback looked better. They just did. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1