• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Locked on Panthers with Jonathan Davis from Locked on Texas on the Panthers will be getting from Jonathon Brooks and Ja'Tavion Sanders

• Davis thinks Brooks will catch more passes in the NFL.
  • Says Brooks isn't a CMC type back and can't run all the routes.
  • Says Ewers didn't have to checkdown often and that's why Brooks didn't make many catches.
  • Thinks Brooks can be a rah-rah type leader even if he didn't do that at Texas.
  • Council says teams don't draft a RB in the second unless he's going to be the starter.
  • Says he expects Brooks to start once he's healthy.
  • They say Sanders is an athlete moreso than player. Ruh-oh!
  • Says when he arrived at Texas, there were questions on if he would play TE or DE.
  • Says Sanders played TE for two years at Texas.
  • Council says he thinks Sanders was the best Panthers' pick in the draft. I agree.
  • Davis talks about a catch Sanders made without looking, got blasted, and then got back up like he hadn't even been hit.
  • They joke about how Ewers is considered a perfect 5 star recruit and played so well last year yet people still are calling for the other perfect 5 star recruit to take his job.
  • They joke about that happening even with Ewers being from Texas, but the Manning name holding so much power.
  • Pie 6
  • Beer 3

24 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Also that's concerning to hear about Sanders, he's an athlete with a terrible RAS?

I'm not sure. I mostly watch either the big game matchups or NC schools when I watch college FB, so I haven't seen many Texas games.

30 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ewers will be interesting this season. I realize it's Texas and in the NIL era they can reload at will but they still lost a 1st round WR, a 2nd round WR and RB, and a 4th round TE. That's a LOT.

Isaiah Bond was a really good get for Texas

Watching Sanders, I see a lot of Evan Engram to his game.  The nice thing is he has a slightly bigger build and better upside as a blocker - so could line up in a few different spots.  I really like his potential.  

Also - he's young.  I'm telling you, a big playoff caliber program like that, with an up and down QB, doesn't just target a TE 139 times in his 27 college games before the age of 21 for no reason when they had Mitchell, Worthy, & Wittingham out there. 

Young, great ceiling, I really hope this kid can produce for us.

• Pie 4

5 hours ago, jayboogieman said:
  • Davis talks about a catch Sanders made without looking, got blasted, and then got back up like he hadn't even been hit.

Unless you are a QB or something this is what you are supposed to do. You dont show weakness after taking a big hit, you pop back up like nothing happened. You can guarantee he was feeling it on the inside though. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

We should have drafted AD to have an even more Texas draft. AD, Brooks, and Sanders. 

That would have been crazy and it's hard to believe that they didn't consider it. They just liked XL that much more most likely 

• Pie 1