• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone actually think Bryce will actually be good?

54 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s just a bad scenario. Hopefully that doesn’t happen. What if he plays 2-3 games, looks a lot better, but then gets hurt? I’m glad we invested in the OL in attempt to limit this from happening…

he is still going to take shots, they all do

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I guess the question would be how much of an asset do you spend on another QB. If we have a top 5 pick and Young is still a question mark from being injured do you spend another top pick on another rookie or use that on another valuable asset? The more film we have a Young the better we can answer that question IMO. 

Depends on the injury, but also depends on who's available. Sometimes there's just bad luck in the NFL, and if we have the opportunity to draft a QB who's a better fit for the scheme being run or the coaches, you have to be willing to move on. What's been spent on BY has been spent. Now he's just another player at this point. 

I think at minimum, you should start looking rd 4 to 5 at guys who may not have all the up front talent of a top tier QB, but may have better tools to play in the scheme. Purdy is a perfect example of this. Right guy for the right scheme. Somewhere else he may still be a 3rd string or PS guy. But you have to be willing to open up your mind to the concept that the right tool (scheme QB)  may be better than brute force (top draft pick QB). 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Waldo said:

It's both. He didn't see well in the shotgun either. The only positive this year IMO is that they will be picking top 5 again. I just don't think there is a good enough NFL offensive scheme you can run with Bryce. He has too many limitations and if they didn't blow so much to trade up for him they wouldn't be forcing it so hard this year again. 

I feel this too

i reallywish i didnt

those are behemoths out there and their  speed and closing speed us ungodly fast

in the pros, they are all good. There is no college level player to be  picked  on

i  saw the Saints bench laughing at Young  in the pocket

i dont feel he belongs in the pros. I feel he will be below average due ti physical limitations. 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, strato said:

Re Rattler:

We probably could have done something to grab him and have the TE too. He was pick 150. But I didn’t expect it. 

If Canales truly can help QBs it would be a crime not to have QBs for him to help.

Rattler will be available after final cuts.

14 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I feel this too

i reallywish i didnt

those are behemoths out there and their  speed and closing speed us ungodly fast

in the pros, they are all good. There is no college level player to be  picked  on

i dont feel he belongs in the pros. I feel he will be below average due ti physical limitations. 

Lmaooo...what??!

2 hours ago, travisura said:

The worst would be he gets hurt early in the season and we have to do all of this again next year.

As of right now i have the stance that i dont want Bryce to get injured because if he is not on the field for any reason other than he was just that bad then we will have to do this whole process over again next year. Before you know it we will be in year 4 and thats when you are talking about contract extension and 5th year option and i will be DAMNED if i support this team if they tie up 40% of the cap to pay this guy and he hasnt proved worth it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

As of right now i have the stance that i dont want Bryce to get injured because if he is not on the field for any reason other than he was just that bad then we will have to do this whole process over again next year. Before you know it we will be in year 4 and thats when you are talking about contract extension and 5th year option and i will be DAMNED if i support this team if they tie up 40% of the cap to pay this guy and he hasnt proved worth it.

Yeah that's my exact fear lol. He needs to be on the field this year so we can have definitive proof of whether or not he's got the goods. Luckily, he proved himself to be a tough lil SOB last year.

2 minutes ago, travisura said:

Yeah that's my exact fear lol. He needs to be on the field this year so we can have definitive proof of whether or not he's got the goods. Luckily, he proved himself to be a tough lil SOB last year.

Yes he is tough, i will give him credit for that but just from a performance stance we are nowhere close to knowing if he is the long term answer and i really want to avoid a Daniel Jones situation or sturggling qb getting paid just cause a teams back is against the wall.

2 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Yes he is tough, i will give him credit for that but just from a performance stance we are nowhere close to knowing if he is the long term answer and i really want to avoid a Daniel Jones situation or sturggling qb getting paid just cause a teams back is against the wall.

The optimist in me wants to believe that Canales will see enough this year to either warrant committing to Bryce moving forward or cut bait and draft a QB in the 1st next year. But who knows.

13 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

There is zero chance that happens. 

• Beer 1

43 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I feel this too

i reallywish i didnt

A chunk of those 60+ sacks were on him. Fans here were pissed when PFF didn't blame Ickey for sacks Young created by running so far back out of protection or holding the ball too long. And average time to throw even with all of those blown plays from the OGs, that means on other plays he had more time and still couldn't do anything with it. 

He should have gone in the early 3rd like Wilson. That was always his value but a bunch of college fans and media experts giving their laziest take allowed him to be way overhyped. Nice guy and he is durable for his size, that's all he has going for him in the NFL.

• Beer 4