• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Every Big-Time Throw from Bryce Young and CJ Stroud in 2023

6 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Agree. My thing is a lot of posters don't give Bryce any credit. No matter what. And they wait to point out his failures- only. Never acknowledge his positives, only the negatives. That doesn't seem like a person being realistic. That seems like a biased approach. Almost like you actually do want him to fail. I don't understand that approach if you're a Panthers fan. Maybe to prove they were right during the draft? Seems weird to me.

Outside of his toughness, what did he really do to 'deserve credit'? Those plays/throws are NFL table stakes that any/all QBs can make or they wouldn't be in the NFL, but the best ones make them consistently, and Bryce (just like the rest of the offense) flat out sucked last year. He individually was worse than replacement level and I don't feel the need to applaud that considering the cost it took to get him.

If he improves greatly this year then everyone wins, fans and team alike, and he will 'get credit'. Until that point though the hole is deep. It is what it is.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

57 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I mean truthfully thats not out the question, its already be stated most elite Qbs dont need everything to be great around them to succeed. Let say hypothetically XL lives up to the hype, Sanders shows why he was top TE in draft, Brooks becomes one of the best RBs in the league and the O line is top 5 based off all the money spent. That could be good enough to get you to a Superbowl without needing a QB to carry the team. Plus its already been said we will be a run heavy team so they are trying to take as much pressure off bryce as possible not give him way more responsibility. That clearly didnt work out to well last year and led to another staff overhaul. As of right now, relying on Bryce could cost people their jobs so its understandable if the coaches and other players are the catalyst for any success.

I mean what team doesn't surround their QB with talent?

Mahomes has had very good WRs his whole career as well as RBs and a HOF TE. Only last year was he without a true #1 and it was evident. They even went out and got a WR in round 1 this year. Is that not getting him talent? They also have had an amazing defense which doesn't hurt a QB. Baltimore has done everything they can to get Lamar Jackson WRs.  He already has a great TE in Andrews and they got studs at the RB position like 4 deep. The Bengals didn't draft Joe Burrow and leave him WRless, the followed up with Ja'marr Chase. If the only example anyone can pull is Mahomes, who is already in the argument of being an all time QB, I don't really think that reflects negatively on Young. I guess you could look at the Rams as an exception. Being able to get guys who are producing like they were drafted in the first round shows they have something special between scouting and scheme. 

Now do you think Bryce will succeed by surrounding him with talent? That is up to you. But don't take anything away from him because the team gives him weapons and protection? The two things any QB in the NFL needs to operate? 

• Pie 1

Chris Donnelly made a great point about Bryce being so polarizing.  It sucks, but that's just how it is.  We need to start winning, and Bryce needs to play well.  Otherwise, it doesn't matter.

Just Huddle going Huddle...

1 minute ago, d-dave said:

Chris Donnelly made a great point about Bryce being so polarizing.  It sucks, but that's just how it is.  We need to start winning, and Bryce needs to play well.  Otherwise, it doesn't matter.

Last season highlighted a lot of things wrong with this team. Reality slapped a lot people in the face, hard. It needed to. It seemed to have woke the Teppers up to the situation but whether Dave has made the right choices in his FO and coaches only time will tell. Dan seems to have a long leash to clean this up. It's going to take a few more offseasons to build this thing, especially if they are looking for a qb next season. 

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I mean truthfully thats not out the question, its already be stated most elite Qbs dont need everything to be great around them to succeed. Let say hypothetically XL lives up to the hype, Sanders shows why he was top TE in draft, Brooks becomes one of the best RBs in the league and the O line is top 5 based off all the money spent. That could be good enough to get you to a Superbowl without needing a QB to carry the team. Plus its already been said we will be a run heavy team so they are trying to take as much pressure off bryce as possible not give him way more responsibility. That clearly didnt work out to well last year and led to another staff overhaul. As of right now, relying on Bryce could cost people their jobs so its understandable if the coaches and other players are the catalyst for any success.

What on earth are you talking about. Only Mahomes can not have everything great around him and succeed. Do you think Josh Allen would have succeeded with that supporting cast last year with the Panthers? They were so far behind all the good teams at WR, TE, RB, and OL.

Burrow needs Chase and Higgins. Herbert still hasn't succeeded despite way better OL and WR play than the Panthers. Literally every team ever, besides Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Mahomes needs players around him to succeed. Are you holding out hope we get that caliber of QB? It's not like they grow on trees.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

What on earth are you talking about. Only Mahomes can not have everything great around him and succeed. Do you think Josh Allen would have succeeded with that supporting cast last year with the Panthers? They were so far behind all the good teams at WR, TE, RB, and OL.

Burrow needs Chase and Higgins. Herbert still hasn't succeeded despite way better OL and WR play than the Panthers. Literally every team ever, besides Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Mahomes needs players around him to succeed. Are you holding out hope we get that caliber of QB? It's not like they grow on trees.

All you have to do is draft them 1st overall and that's all you need. Haven't you heard?

• Pie 1

Man there are some throws in there that really remind you why he was consensus number 1 QB last year. I also will never understand the lazy he doesn’t have an NFL arm argument. I saw sideline to sideline throws with zip, deep downfield throws off the back foot… if anything it’s the opposite, he relies too much on just his arm and gets lazy af with footwork and putting his body into it 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, strato said:

I finally watched that. Most of it. People are gonna hate me but they probably do already so F it.

Only the Bryce, I’m not looking at Stroud. 

Some of those throws are very good, there are some you might call big time but there is a generous helping of things maybe not that big time.

First impression: I think they had to include some pretty average stuff to have enough to make a clip. 

I thought “big time throw” was a quantifiable PFF metric? I could be wrong but I don’t think they’re just throwing average stuff in there to make the clip longer 

Just now, jb2288 said:

I thought “big time throw” was a quantifiable PFF metric? I could be wrong but I don’t think they’re just throwing average stuff in there to make the clip longer 

His success will for sure come down to his footwork, and that's a tough thing to correct/bad habit to break. You can work on it all you want in practice but once the live bullets start flying most guys just go back to their old tendencies. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

His success will for sure come down to his footwork, and that's a tough thing to correct/bad habit to break. You can work on it all you want in practice but once the live bullets start flying most guys just go back to their old tendencies. 

Yeah you gotta hope between less inside pressure this year and having a real coaching staff they get that cleaned up. That video was nice but obviously was a positive reel. There was a lot of bad that was due to happy feet. Hopefully we didn’t David Carr him already 

3 hours ago, d-dave said:

I felt the Cam vibes on the huddle with Bryce, in fact its almost there. Threads that have no mention of young, turn in them. 

Only deal is Cam had tons more supporters/nut huggers. 

I honestly hated talking Cam with 90% of the huddle, in many eyes he was perfectly accurate with all his throws and if he had a legit great game the true haters were missing in action.  

Cam board is now a Bryce board...

• Beer 1

43 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Did you watch it? I saw stuff that was behind guys and stuff like that I thought it looked pretty average for NFL QBs but I am no PFF metric dog.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, strato said:

Did you watch it? I saw stuff that was behind guys and stuff like that I thought it looked pretty average for NFL QBs but I am no PFF metric dog.

Yes

• Beer 1

Has the definition of the term "big time throw" changed somewhat recently or?

Based on some of what I'm reading here one could pull up some of Teddy Bridgewater's Panthers highlights and spot plenty of those big time throws.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2