• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Every Big-Time Throw from Bryce Young and CJ Stroud in 2023

5 hours ago, PanthersGTI said:

I mean what team doesn't surround their QB with talent?

Mahomes has had very good WRs his whole career as well as RBs and a HOF TE. Only last year was he without a true #1 and it was evident. They even went out and got a WR in round 1 this year. Is that not getting him talent? They also have had an amazing defense which doesn't hurt a QB. Baltimore has done everything they can to get Lamar Jackson WRs.  He already has a great TE in Andrews and they got studs at the RB position like 4 deep. The Bengals didn't draft Joe Burrow and leave him WRless, the followed up with Ja'marr Chase. If the only example anyone can pull is Mahomes, who is already in the argument of being an all time QB, I don't really think that reflects negatively on Young. I guess you could look at the Rams as an exception. Being able to get guys who are producing like they were drafted in the first round shows they have something special between scouting and scheme. 

Now do you think Bryce will succeed by surrounding him with talent? That is up to you. But don't take anything away from him because the team gives him weapons and protection? The two things any QB in the NFL needs to operate? 

Well, the panthers from around ‘14-‘19 for one. ‘11-‘14 there was at least Smitty to go with Olsen but after Smitty left….a TE ain’t enough. 

Posted (edited)

frank wrote: Has the definition of the term "big time throw" changed somewhat recently or?

-----

I watched every throw in season and rewatched a few games. He did make some nice throws here and there. Bryce Young style. Not a lot of zip. But so many of his passes were late, behind guys, and I saw a little of that in those highlights.

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 3

thanks for posting OP

those stroud highlights are fuging amazing. he's so smooth. crazy to think his predraft knock was that he wasn't able to create plays and was just a pocket passer. He's incredible at navigating the pocket, changing his arm angle and has a pretty damn good arm 

in a draft in which all the players in the league are available I think i'd take him third overall 

• Beer 1

On 5/15/2024 at 7:06 PM, Lame Duck said:

I noticed CJ WRs were head and shoulders better.

I noticed this as well. Nico Collins is a legit weapon. Tank Dell is great too 

1 minute ago, SOJA said:

I noticed this as well. Nico Collins is a legit weapon. Tank Dell is great too 

Both those guys are third round picks too. Insane how terrible we have been in the draft since shitterer was here. Fingers crossed we got it right this year 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Both those guys are third round picks too. Insane how terrible we have been in the draft since shitterer was here. Fingers crossed we got it right this year 

there are many many things to blame for the Panthers going from a competent organization to literally the worst in the league, but our talent evaluation has been AWFUL for years now 

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

All you have to do is draft them 1st overall and that's all you need. Haven't you heard?

200.gif

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Has the definition of the term "big time throw" changed somewhat recently or?

Based on some of what I'm reading here one could pull up some of Teddy Bridgewater's Panthers highlights and spot plenty of those big time throws.

I never thought Teddy's arm would ever look impressive, but after watching Bryce last year... he we are.

• Beer 3

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, frankw said:

Well here's to hoping we see a lot of it in the upcoming season because the alternative is quite depressing.

Not having much idea what tweaks to the plan will be made for the height issue... I think ‘okay the LOT vs the edge, most of the time they try to just drive (or direct) them deep. Past the QB'.

Now there are these guards and the pocket is supposed to be there to step into. Okay, how the hell is this kid going to be stepping up close to those blockers and see where he is throwing it? And if he steps back extra, that defeats the LOT guiding his rusher deep/out of the play. It might be in to the play because of that. And might also make under center snaps out of whack, I mean if Young has to drop back extra. The timing. 

All kinds of questions. If I go with the thinking that says it is Canales’ Tampa O, no I do not have much faith in that working out with Young running it. 

edit: so I think they have to tweak it and I have a hard time picturing it. How it will look. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 2

49 minutes ago, KSpan said:

200.gif

I never thought Teddy's arm would ever look impressive, but after watching Bryce last year... he we are.

To quote old Foxxy, it is what it is. Dave has his work cut out for him.

• Pie 1

On 5/15/2024 at 10:42 PM, frankw said:

We have had 2 long term starters at QB in nearly 30 years.

People have a right to be skeptical after one of the worst rookie seasons ever.

Kyle Allen Teddy Bridgewater Sam Darnold. Tell me right now you feel like he's shown anything that with certainty makes you feel like he's head and shoulders better than any of them.

It's like if someone had said this about Jimmy Clausen after the 2010 season. Make no mistake that's the only comparison he's in line with at the moment. I don't like it either but that's the situation.

You guys have to stop playing the I'm a better fan card.

Looking back Matt Moore and Kyle Allen are 2 QBS that showed way more than B Young I still believe given the right opportunity both of them could have been middle of the pack or above average nfl starting qbs. The matt moore vs brett favre game still a great memory. 

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, jb2288 said:

Not to mention we had the pick the Texans traded for to draft Nico lol