• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where will the wins come from? (my early predictions)

NAS

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2024 at 11:33 PM, Jackie Lee said:

So what wasn't good enough in 2020-2022 would be great now? The bar is so low

Bar was set high last year with Young coming in and what did it get us. Handling the Bears the #1 pick in this years draft. If we get over 5 wins it is nothing more than gravy.

Edited by cmichd08
  • Pie 1

Posted (edited)

As bad as things were with the Panthers last year, we still had 4 other games outside of the 2 we won that we came very close to winning.  Could throw the Falcons game in there too, it was tied going into the 4th.

I'm not really sure what to expect this year.  I don't think we'll make the playoffs.  However, we play in a very weak division where no team has a standout QB.  On paper, our OL should be good, and could be great if Ikem improves.  That alone could help mask a lot of problems on offense.  Should allow us to run the ball better.  Even if Bryce doesn't improve, the OL should at the very least give him more time to make the easy throws underneath and let a guy like Legette work his magic after the catch.

And I think this defense in a 2nd year with Evero should, at the very least, be in the top 16.  I'm expecting our run defense to be as good as it has been in years.

I think this team could push for 7-8 wins.  But it could also finish with 2 wins again.  That is just how the league works.  Jets offense was miserable last year, and yet they still won 7 games.  

We won't really get a good feel of it until after the preseason, and even then, who knows.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Mage said:

As bad as things were with the Panthers last year, we still had 4 other games outside of the 2 we won that we came very close to winning.  Could throw the Falcons game in there too, it was tied going into the 4th.

I'm not really sure what to expect this year.  I don't think we'll make the playoffs.  However, we play in a very weak division where no team has a standout QB.  On paper, our OL should be good, and could be great if Ikem improves.  That alone could help mask a lot of problems on offense.  Should allow us to run the ball better.  Even if Bryce doesn't improve, the OL should at the very least give him more time to make the easy throws underneath and let a guy like Legette work his magic after the catch.

And I think this defense in a 2nd year with Evero should, at the very least, be in the top 16.  I'm expecting our run defense to be as good as it has been in years.

I think this team could push for 7-8 wins.  But it could also finish with 2 wins again.  That is just how the league works.  Jets offense was miserable last year, and yet they still won 7 games.  

We won't really get a good feel of it until after the preseason, and even then, who knows.

Problem for Bryce and the O.....is opposing defenses sit on the pass game and play him as dink and dunk QB.   They cheat on how they play the WRs and routes.   I don't think things are going to change for Bryce until he can threaten a defense to back off how they play him.  

Now that wasn't all Bryce's fault last year.   But I think it's fair to say he had a healthy role in that problem.   Frank put gas on that fire with his repetitive and predictable nonsense.  Which was always a Frank issue.  Exaggerated issue last year with Frank. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

20 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I could see us beating the Chargers. East coast trip for them (I feel like they usually play terrible on the east coast trips) and their skill weapons on offense is probably more void of talent than ours is.

agreed. all they have on offense is essentially herbert with rookies and scrubs. it might be enough...but i like our defense against them. their OL is anchored in the center by bozeman. at TE, they've got hurst i guess as their starter. they've got mcconckey and dj chark and brenden rice as WRs. 

and aside from khalil mack and a couple other pieces, their D doesn't look scary, especially since they are essentially starting over there. i mean their D could look as scary as our offense so it might just be a battle of which side screws up less.

but our D against their offense is what i really like matchup-wise.

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

agreed. all they have on offense is essentially herbert with rookies and scrubs. it might be enough...but i like our defense against them. their OL is anchored in the center by bozeman. at TE, they've got hurst i guess as their starter. they've got mcconckey and dj chark and brenden rice as WRs. 

and aside from khalil mack and a couple other pieces, their D doesn't look scary, especially since they are essentially starting over there. i mean their D could look as scary as our offense so it might just be a battle of which side screws up less.

but our D against their offense is what i really like matchup-wise.

a healthy Bosa is a pretty significant piece paired with Mack. 

Given how early that game is and state of both offenses.....I think a defense is going to win that game for one of the teams.   Really amazed how they tore that O down so quick around Herbert. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

a healthy Bosa is a pretty significant piece paired with Mack. 

Given how early that game is and state of both offenses.....I think a defense is going to win that game for one of the teams.   Really amazed how they tore that O down so quick around Herbert. 

right on bosa, i knew i was forgetting someone that was kind of a big deal. even with him i do like our D against their O more than their D against our O. 

and yeah, that was a huge turnaround on offense for them. they basically stripped away Herbert's offense and gave him ours from last year.

13 minutes ago, Cat Fanboy said:

I predict if we win more then 6 games the same people here thinking we do less will be *itching because we didn't do more.

If we win 7 games there will not be a soul on here complaining about that.  If they do then they are troll accounts

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If we win 7 games there will not be a soul on here complaining about that.  If they do then they are troll accounts

Really?  I think people will be outraged that we didn’t get a higher draft pick but missed the playoffs.  There’s a lot of 7 win seasons to back this up lol.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Really?  I think people will be outraged that we didn’t get a higher draft pick but missed the playoffs.  There’s a lot of 7 win seasons to back this up lol.

Yep. Because the team will be stuck in mediocrity with an average QB - nevermind that would be 5 more wins in his sophomore season. Can't make this stuff up. 

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

Yep. Because the team will be stuck in mediocrity with an average QB - nevermind that would be 5 more wins in his sophomore season. Can't make this stuff up. 

People will be mad unless we win the Super Bowl 

• Pie 1

On 5/21/2024 at 8:39 AM, Mage said:

Bro they shouldn't have won those 2 games either. It took a couple 4th down conversions and 2 last second FGs. 

I hate to poo on fellow fans thinking 8 wins is within reach, the odds are nano size. I do not know the future and there are surprise teams each year, but the Panthers are not one of them this year. Young would need to break records and evero would have to win assistant of the year. This team lacks talent, young talent to be more correct. 

The best thing going for them is the piss poor NFC south. It took the heavens opening to beat ATL and they should be favored by 17 this year. Even in the worst division them barely won 2, this team is B-A-D.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, Basbear said:

Bro they shouldn't have won those 2 games either. It took a couple 4th down conversions and 2 last second FGs. 

But they did win.

• Beer 1