• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OTA notebook: Jaycee Horn appreciates the faith, wants to pay it back

Posted (edited)

He is one unlucky dude, only other rookie Ive such praise for was CMC. Horn already had a pro mindset. Just like CMC he may over work his body. 

Hope he's here and health for a long time. 

Edited by Basbear

I’d take a Chris gamble like career from here on out if it just means he stays healthy. No big plays given up, no big plays made. Just quietly solid for a decade 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

Posted (edited)

There's a part of me that wants to believe he just went on a bad run of unlucky injuries.  He did play 13 games in 2022 before breaking his wrist and a hamstring injury can happen to just about anyone.

But when it happens 3 seasons in a row, it is hard to have faith that nothing won't come up again this year.

Edited by Mage

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, RJK said:

I’d take a Chris gamble like career from here on out if it just means he stays healthy. No big plays given up, no big plays made. Just quietly solid for a decade 

He was so underrated.  Between 2009-2011 he was one of the best CBs in football.  It was such a bummer he got injured the next year and then retired.  EDIT: I forgot we released him actually, but I'd guess the Panthers and Gamble had already discussed his intentions.  Plus IIRC we needed to get under the cap and he had a big deal at the time.

https://www.derp/2011/5/23/2185316/chris-gamble-the-unfairly-critiqued-panther

This was from May 2011, showing his performance from 2010.  

Edited by Mage
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Mage said:

He was so underrated.  Between 2009-2011 he was one of the best CBs in football.  It was such a bummer he got injured the next year and then retired.  EDIT: I forgot we released him actually, but I'd guess the Panthers and Gamble had already discussed his intentions.  Plus IIRC we needed to get under the cap and he had a big deal at the time.

https://www.derp/2011/5/23/2185316/chris-gamble-the-unfairly-critiqued-panther

This was from May 2011, showing his performance from 2010.  

Bingo. Gamble was much more than 'quietly solid', and he is still the Panthers all-time interceptions leader.

• Pie 1