• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's a prove it year for Tommy Tremble, who could benefit from a new offense

12 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I was about to say, if Ian Thomas is around none of our TE's has to prove anything.

Truth. I'm hard pressed to name a Panthers who has put more money in the bank for less performance on the field. Hell, I'm hard pressed to name another NFL player period. Maybe Sam Bradford?

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Truth. I'm hard pressed to name a Panthers who has put more money in the bank for less performance on the field. Hell, I'm hard pressed to name another NFL player period. Maybe Sam Bradford?

The king of this is actually Brock Osweiler. 

The cost per down of his 4 year, $72 mil deal is INSANE 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The king of this is actually Brock Osweiler. 

The cost per down of his 4 year, $72 mil deal is INSANE 

I forgot that the Texans PAID him after he showed a little bit of promise on the field for the Broncos. And I mean a little bit. The guy threw for 10 TDs in 7 starts.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I forgot that the Texans PAID him after he showed a little bit of promise on the field for the Broncos. And I mean a little bit. The guy threw for 10 TDs in 7 starts.

He is the hero of tipping the cost/benefit ratio around.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Compromising pictures of Dave. 

I wish because that woukd actually make sense. For any crew to come in and be like 'this is the year Thomas breaks out' seems to be a death flag for the people in charge and yet he just keeps staying around.

26 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I wish because that woukd actually make sense. For any crew to come in and be like 'this is the year Thomas breaks out' seems to be a death flag for the people in charge and yet he just keeps staying around.

TBF, he is only here now because he agreed to take a pay cut that was presented to him early in the offseason. He may not make the the final roster. 

• Beer 2

11 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

TBF, he is only here now because he agreed to take a pay cut that was presented to him early in the offseason. He may not make the the final roster. 

Yes but he is still amazingly bad at any price. June 1st cuts would have freed up some cap and a roster space he is wasting.

• Pie 3

13 hours ago, Waldo said:

How in the fug is Thomas still on the team? That guy is a litmus test for if the current staff will fail. Did they keep Thomas? Ohh well maybe next year...

This. What in the hell does Thomas have on the staff to still be here?  That alone makes me question the wisdom of the staff. 

21 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I think our entire TE room sucks with an optimistic and hopeful exception given to our recent draft pick

If i am looking at the 2023 offense for possible areas for growth, TE jumps out at you.  Hard to say if they have been misused or they suck==I get the feeling that Tremble is a decent TE on another team.  Thomas is credited with being a good blocker, but I have yet to see elite blocking. I think he could be cut, but going to a run-first offense helps his chances. Regardless, Thomas as a #3 TE is not that bad (just overpaid, but he did recently agree to a salary reduction).  Tremble has flashed enough for me to have hope.  I am not sure why Tremble can't make his niche as a balanced TE who can block with Sanders as the pass catching TE.  Do we need Thomas? 

Sullivan is 27 and had 125 yards last year on 12 catches in 11 games in limited duty.  I think Sanders and Tremble are locks, and I look to the kind of player we drafted and signed to indicate what we could be looking to develop.  Sam Pinckney from Coastal Carolina is 6-4 225 WR with a 4.77 40 and moves like a pass-catching TE, in my view.  If he makes the PS, it will be interesting to see if he bulks up.  (I mention this only to try to read what they might be thinking--not to declare him a part of the roster or PS even). We will see how Sanders pans out. 

Look at the best teams and best QBs--they usually have an all-pro level TE.  Kittle, Kelcie, Gronk, Hernandez, LaPorta, Kincaid--etc. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1