• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Matt Moore still be our guy?

Snake

Franchise QB

Lord Let It Go !!!

Rome was not built in a day!

Rivera is a NEW HEAD COACH

The man has a full plate to deal with ,Having a Franchise QB as mentioned often on this board would be nice

Reality!

Unless you trade for someone else FRANCHISE QB ,Panthers will not have a FRANCHISE QB this season.

Any rookie QB will take 2-3 seasons to develope ,not many were franchise QB their first season .

Rivera is a defenseive genius, So expect a top teir defense who's job will be to win games

I expect more of the same Run first, play hard Defense,QB manage the game

Now if and only IF Rivera developes a "QUOTE" FRANCHISE QB in 2-3 seasons .

Then we will see the Pass offense so many on here saluvate over

Moore could certainly earn the #1 spot against Clausen, assuming we bring him back. I'm hoping we can find a vet QB who can play on the level of Vinny Testaverde when we brought him in. Vinny made the right reads and got the ball out as best he could given his age. A vet with similar ability to Vinny would be miles ahead of Clausen and Moore. Last season Clausen was just waiting for his check down to get open, and Moore was throwing into double and triple coverage. That's so hard to watch it felt like JR should be paying me.

I would shart if we were able to somehow sign Donovan McNabb. I would think he would want to go to a team that could possibly contend, but there aren't many teams out there as desperate for a QB as we are.

The fact of the matter is that Clausen wasn't ready to start football games this year. He was still too rough and unprepared. He was thrown into the fire way too early while other QB's around the league were given time to adjust. It would be nice to be able to give him that year of development without pressure next season.

I would also jump for joy for Kyle Orton, who is about as underrated as they come right now when you're talking about effective game managers.

It will be an interesting decision because keeping Moore and bringing on another FA probably means exposing Pike to the PS and they were afraid to do that last year because several teams have interest in him.

Check my sig for who I think that ________ guy should be...

I think people are scared to try something new. Instead they want to hold onto the handful of games he won for us. If we can do better than Moore...we need to do so. Guess what? We can.

Need an OC and a QB Coach first though...then the CBA, before anything happens.

Yeah, that's what we're scared of.

First of all, unless we get mcnabb, vick, or orton on a sweetheart deal, moore would still be better than clausen, and any oother trash qb we try to bring in.

To those who are saying he'll never be a franchise qb, no qb we get this year will ever be a franchise qb for this team.

Moore and another. Vet would give the position the competition it needs, and the best man wins. What is there to be so scared about?

I still would like to see Moore stick around and even start. I don't think he got a fair shot. He was only given a game and a half to prove himself. That's not fair for any QB. Yes, he struggled, and struggled mightily, but rather than let him take his lumps and find his groove, we turned to Pickles way too soon. And once the QB carousel got to turnin' and the OL started dropping like flies, no QB was going to find success.

Would I like to keep him? Yes. Do I think we will? No. Will I be disappointed if we don't keep him? No.

the reason I don't think Moore comes back is this:

1) The new coach & FO made it clear they want a great quarterback.

2) The FO probably does not think Moore is a great quarterback after this year (imo not sure how fair that is, but).

3) Moore is coming back from an injury which does make him a question mark

4) Panthers want to keep both rookie QBs AND bring in someone new to compete - which means it's unlikely Moore will keep a job here unless the Panthers let him come in to compete with whoever new they bring in... which IMO would not be in Moore's best interests - he would be better off going some place else and having a shot at winning a roster spot, rather than scrambling for work if the other vet beats him out.

Archived