• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther Fans Cannot Complain About Lack of Coverage

Seltzer

And yes, it's mostly about Cam Newton, but the Panthers have not received this much media attention since maybe 2005. Smitty especially is being mentioned as still an elite receiver (which he is and has been but hasn't had a QB). You know he's got to love that.

I don't even remember giving this kind of exposure during 2008. The Panthers were finally "flexed" into a primetime Sunday night game (mostly b/c it was against NYG), but SportsCenter, etc. basically skimmed over our 12-4 record.

Now, ultimately, I don't care as much about national coverage as winning, but it sure would be nice to have both.

Fair or unfair, a lot of people have believed the Panthers have been bad for a long time (instead of just 1 year) because no one has heard anything on the national stage about the Panthers other than Delhomme melting down and the 2-14 record in a long time.

Now maybe I'm noticing more because I have the TV on now more than I used to be feeding a newborn but the Panthers are mentioned every broadcast. This game against the Packers has more national buzz than any regular season game the Panthers have been in since the 2008 NYG game.

I just hope, even if the Panthers lose, they show out well and people realize that we are an ascending team and not the periennally bad team we have unfairly been made out to be

I most admit that it feels nice to watch NFL Live and actually think my team may be mentioned instead of just the regular segment of whether Tony Romo is a good QB then check in with Pitt, NE, and the rest of the NFC East then sign off.

Although I read the Week 2 scouting reports from ESPN and it basically sounded like it came from the local Green Bay newspaper.

It should have said 10 things Packers fans should look for. :nonod: Baby steps

We never get respect regardless. we went to the fuging SuperBowl and never got the respect/coverage we deserved.

I think Cam will change that all. Already have the NFL store commercial with the Sir Purr shirt and they just taped the Play 60 commercials....its nice to see our colors around.

Understandable why our fans aren't in the tailgating/fb is back commercial. :)

There's a new era boys and girls, we will be part of it for sure. I can only hope and pray this new era includes the Steelers continually sucking ass just like they did last week.

I really think the only way we will get consistent coverage is to have a QB like Newton succeed. Otherwise, being a small market, no one will even care or notice.

Look at Indy. They will fall completely off the national radar if Manning is truly done. I laugh at Colts' fans who believe otherwise. The Colts are the Panthers with a once-in-a-lifetime QB. Nothing more.

The Saints are the same way. Brees has elevated that team both on and off the field beyond where they ever were. Once he's gone, they will fall back to the pack until they get another franchise type QB.

One game does not make anything, and even if Cam fails miserably this week, it doesn't change the fact he has the potential to make us into a "relevant" national team b/c of his potential and star power.

only way this team is going to get any real respect is to win games consistently.

they've never done that. sure...3 years in the last decade they were contenders but the rest of the time was mediocre at best.

i'm glad we've got some talent at QB finally that have people excited and get the panthers noticed, but this team has to pull their crap together and start getting the only stat that matters...wins.

at least they are getting the toughest team out of the way so early. the only problem is that capers could end up writing the book on how to stop cam this year and every team we pay this year would read it. if cam doesn't succeed, the panthers don't have a chance at succeeding. it's not all on his shoulders b/c the defense and special teams really have to step it up and carry their weight, but the way this league is right now victory comes through your QB.

We need aggressive offense and defense. The runners need an opening to get down the field. We can't rely on Cam to pass effectively without the blockage. Don't want to see anyone get injured, but, it is the nature of the game to get physical. Go Panthers!!!!!

Archived