• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Meeks Let Go

Panther4Ever

Well, when the DBs on the team are one the weakest spots on the team (albeit not all their fault) ...

I wouldn't say Gamble, Martin and Godfrey lack talent......

From a talent and skillet aspect.....our S play should be better.

I mean, your #2 CB can't be a scapegoat for all the huge plays the secondary gave up

I wouldn't say Gamble, Martin and Godfrey lack talent......

From a talent and skillet aspect.....our S play should be better.

I mean, your #2 CB can't be a scapegoat for all the huge plays the secondary gave up

I didn't say they lacked talent, I just said it was a weak spot. Part of the reason its not all on them or Meeks is because of the front 7. But as I said Meeks was expendable. Rivera probably would have preferred bringing his own guy in from day 1 anyway.

I am glad that RR is following through on his statement about evaluating everything, coaches included, but I also agree that it was more philosophical than anything else.

You have to wonder though...remember when Sherrod Martin was seen as an up-and-coming player? He really seemed to take a step back. The guy has the talent, and people say he's a smart guy, but he sure didn't get it done on the field this year.

Steve Spagnuolo is going to command a nice pay check as a DC somewhere. And Fewell's D is LOADED with talent...and in the playoffs. Unless they get blown out of the water Sunday I can't see him going anywhere.

Well, if you wanna go the tinfoil hat route, McDermott was a DB coach. You could ask him to return to that role and give Spagnuolo the DC job.

(that's not gonna happen)

Archived