• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which players on our team would you trade for draft picks?

Zorbac

My choices are:

Goodson, Martin, A. Edwards. Personally I would package all 3 of these for a high to mid 3rd round pick.

Goodson is in a doghouse he will never get out of here.

Martin- is getting burnt at least once per game, approx. half going for TDs.

A. Edward 5th on depth chart, could be a great returner for a team w/a strong special team.

We are on the hook for Dlo. he will be here, wrong or right. I think he was incredibly fast and effective this season. Stewart is in final year of contract, we did not extend which means he could walk and we get nothing.

If both were on the field contributing at the same time, I would not have as much trouble with it, but the whole "run first" and "stop the run" mentality left with Fox. We have a new offense that passes a lot which makes having two mega paid backs even more idiotic, no matter how much you like the guys.

Football is a business and the guys who are in the Super Bowl year in and year out understand this.

Cleveland or Cincy's second pick would be great. I would even take a second this year and a second next year

Dlo or Stewart.

I was surprised you did not get hammered for this comment, but I agree. I would rather trade Williams, but with his contract, good luck. I think Hurney's drunken binge with daddy's checkbook put us in a bad place at RB.

RR has also said he wants a scatback like Sproles in N.O. or Rogers in ATL.

First, if you are going to get something, you have to give something.

Nobody will trade for Armanti Edwards--Mike Goodson is not destined to remain in the dog house. He simply needs to secure the ball. Once that happens, he is a good back. If it doesn't happen, he is not.

I would trade Travelle Wharton, but his salary is ridiculous. Pro Bowler money for average to good run blocking and below average pass blocking.

I would trade Jimmy Clausen, but after the preseason. I would give him some reps behind the first team OL and try to drive his stock up. Teams are so desperate for QBs and there will be a coach from a West coast offense who will think JC is a diamond in the rough. QBs are hard to come by. Some get better with age, after sitting for a season or two. Clausen could bring in a fifth rounder, I would think.

I would trade Marty Hurney for a half bag of bar-b-que Fritoes and a faded picture of Jennifer Lopez when she was a fly girl on In Living Color, but that is just me.

Archived