• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So my boss wants to take me out for "beers"

Hotsauce

This guy did clean house about 6 months ago, got rid of alot of dead weight. Again, I am one of the top performers, so I dont see that happening. Also, in my company, if your gonna get fired, its not going to be in a pre-erranged meeting. I would get a call early in the morning, and be asked to come into the office asap, like everyone else who got canned. Prayers please!

My cousin was one of the top performers (actually the top broker that day) when he was let go. He wasn't the bosses guy so he replaced him with one of his cronies. You may have been spared the first round only because you are hitting your numbers. But he wants to build his team...

probably has a new idea or change in mind......he will spin it over drinks to make you think it is a good idea......probably is a way to screw you over somehow or take advantage of you.

you aren't getting fired. doesn't go down like that.......

So my boss, whom lives in another state called me today wanting him to meet me in a city that is halfway from his office and mine. This will go down on Thursday night.

He asked me to bring a pair of "non-work" casual clothes, and that we were going to have a few beers, and a night out on the town....just the two of us....

Seems weird. I hope its nothing bad! (I am doing well at my job). Just seems a bit odd.

Thoughts?

Polish the resume and post it on Monster.

Archived