• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darin Gantt takes position with PFT

Darth Biscuit

we will finally see if Gantt is a reporter at all.

as a beat writer he traded loyalty for leaks = truly lame and totally filtered, white hat reporting

as a whatever the hell he was after that he was a bitter twitter with a bit of an axe to grind = less filtered, grey hat info. dump

as a PFT source we will see his chops. PFT is a black hat prognosticating bottom feeder who has to take risk to generate respect. I am not optimistic for him in this arena but it is up to him to show us what kind of true skill he has as an independent pundit.

You talk about this stuff if it were a bad thing. Everyone likes him because he had an inside track no one else did.

gantt is a prick, but he's good at what he does. better than anyone else around here for sure.

the observer screwed up letting him go....esp. for person. the herald fell back into obscurity when he left.

pft isn't the joke it used to be. just avoid the rumor mill.

if pft was going to get someone to talk about the panthers, they couldn't have found a better one.

Gantt is good. Best we have ever had.

People don't like him bc he isnt a fan. They get irked when he tells it like it is....and he is often right

Admittedly I stopped reading him quite some time ago. But what I got from him is mostly a fan of the office and the panther regime. He was a diehard jake fan to a fault IMO. Also I never heard him really get on the office or coaching or ownership. He seemed to be on the side of the Panthers and filtered his reporting with mostly positive fluff in a time when people were calling for Fox's head every week.

Then I remember reading posts that linked his tweets where he was just info-dumping everything he saw and adding little opinion. Some was considerably more negative than his previous MO. This was after he changed jobs and in doing this he was considerably more useful IMO..

Maybe I have him wrong but I always thought he was a bit of a sympathetic to the powers that be. Like he knew where his bread was buttered and never wanted to upset the applecart. Never had respect once I got that opinion.

I'm guessing you never read him in 1999-2001 when he would routinely, and rightfully so, skewer the Seifert era.

no. admittedly no. To go from "skewering" to what he was in the last three years of John Fox there had to be some "agreements", spoken or otherwise, that were arrived at. Typically that is the pattern anyway. Make noise. Get attention. Sell soul. Lose the mob. Lose your job. Rinse and repeat.

no. admittedly no. To go from "skewering" to what he was in the last three years of John Fox there had to be some "agreements", spoken or otherwise, that were arrived at. Typically that is the pattern anyway. Make noise. Get attention. Sell soul. Lose the mob. Lose your job. Rinse and repeat.

Gantt ripped Fox pretty good for his failed defensive strategy in the 2008 playoffs. That was around the time he wrote an article with the tagline that the team needed a psychiatrist.

He had generally positive reviews of Fox, but not always. Not to the point that he passed over mistakes and flaws. His overall take seemed pretty fair to me.

Archived