• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who Do You Want the Panthers to Draft at 14th Overall?

With the 14th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Carolina Panthers select...  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want the Panthers to Draft at 14th Overall? (No trade down)

• Chance Warmack OG
    • Jonathan Cooper OG
    • Sheldon Richardson DT
    • Xavier Rhodes CB
    • Desmond Trufant CB
    • Tavon Austin WR
    • Cordarrelle Patterson WR
    • DeAndre Hopkins WR
    • Keenan Allen WR
    • Jonathan Cyprien S
    • Kenny Vaccaro S
    • DJ Fluker OT
    • Tyler Eifert TE
    • Barkevious Mingo DE
    • Datone Jones DE/DT
    • Jesse Williams DT
    • Sylvester Williams DT
    • Other (post below)

DeAndre Hopkins

Edit: I've changed my vote to Tavon Austin. I watched some of Hopkins' film, and the guy didn't impress me like I'd expect a first-rounder to do so. His route running is excellent, but I just like Austin's film better. And every time I find myself thinking about the #14 pick, I keep thinking Austin.

I think I'm jumping on board with the Hopkins bandwagon. He is young, quick, intelligent, runs good routes, and has very good hands. We need this kind of weapon for Cam

I was a table pounder early on for Vaccaro, but the more I watch of him, the less I like him. His instincts are borderline at best, and he doesn't possess the speed to recover when he bites on a play action, or misdirection in order to make up for it. If we take him, it would be a mistake.

I also have eased up on Star.... He can dominate for stretches, but can disappear. This, coupled with the fact that he had lost the passion for the game a couple of years ago, kind of scares me. If you took Star's physical tools and coupled it with Sheldon Richardson's motor, he would be the unquestioned best DT in the draft.

The only other guy I want is Sharrif Floyd, and I don't see him slipping to 14.

Patterson.

He's the Cam Newton of WR. His ceiling is unbelievably high despite the fact that he only played one season in big time college football. I say we swing for the fences and leave the "safe picks" for those teams striving to finish somewhere in the middle.

This guy is going to be a star.

Well, If I was forced to pick without trading down, I gotta go with the big little man, Tavon Austin. I was torn between him and Deandre Hopkins (and may change). I don't know if either is Smitty's heir-apparent, but I don't believe that it's an absolute necessity that they have to be. Austin would bring an immediate match-up problem for opposing defenses, ala Percy Harvin, D-Jax, or Darren Sproles.

Thank you to all those who have voted! I'd like to get a few hundred votes total by draft night so for those who have not...please take a second and select your favorite prospect for the Panthers at 14.

Also, mods could we get this pinned so we can track the totals until draft night and get as many votes as possible? thanks

Archived