• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why does John Matsko never get any blame for our OL?

Udogg

Just wondering why John Matsko the "Offensive Line Coach" never get any blame for the poor line play?  I looked up his resume and it was impressive.  However I look at our O line the past 2 years and it's been horrible.

Just seems like when Oline plays bad it's either:

GM for not enough talent fault

Shula for not calling plays where they don't have to block (giggle yeah I know)

Rivera because he is the head coach.

I haven't seen 1 mention of what the hell does our Oline coach do?

Great coaches are the ones that can take a player and make that player productive when nobody else can. A coach has to be able to develop players. Have we seen that? I don't think so. It's debatable how much Amini has improved if at all and Bell is still terrible.

It's a tough call to make on where the blame should fall. Amini is D2 player, Bell was undrafted, and so was Williams. Then we go out and get Another D2 guy in Kug. The blame probably goes all the way around but he definitely doesn't have the talent he needs to be an effective coach.

We got a Lamborghini(CAM) and we keep putting hubcaps on him expecting him to shine.

The offensive line actually played well during the stretch last year when we were winning, and that was without Kalil.  I think he's definitely a good coach if he can get production out of that line last year.  And I think we they start settling down and preparing for stunts and shifts they will be better.  And if we can get some better pieces they will be even better.

Would be interesting to see in the last few years where our linemen have come from via draft position, versus those teams with above average o-lines.

Then compare salaries to account for bringing in free agent types.

I'd image you'd have part of your answer there.

in the last preseason game I saw Williams without being engaged by a defender, look at a blitzing LB'er as if it was a ghost and not ever attempt to block, that's not a technique issue that a fuging moron issue. serous as someone as someone season earlier, you cant polish a turd

btw I'm fickng smashed right now

Great coaches are the ones that can take a player and make that player productive when nobody else can. A coach has to be able to develop players. Have we seen that? I don't think so. It's debatable how much Amini has improved if at all and Bell is still terrible.

We got a Lamborghini(CAM) and we keep putting hubcaps on him expecting him to shine.

Just playing devils advocate but you to continue with the car reference, we have a couple Ford Fiestas on the OL and you are expecting the position coach to turn them into F-150s.

Sent from my DROID4 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Just playing devils advocate but you to continue with the car reference, we have a couple Ford Fiestas on the OL and you are expecting the position coach to turn them into F-150s.

Sent from my DROID4 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Funny how you cut out the rest of my post go back and read it and try again.

It's a tough call to make on where the blame should fall. Amini is D2 player, Bell was undrafted, and so was Williams. Then we go out and get Another D2 guy in Kug. The blame probably goes all the way around but he definitely doesn't have the talent he needs to be an effective coach.

Funny how you cut out the rest of my post go back and read it and try again.

Apologies because when I look at it from that point of view it does look like I was digging for dirt (not an excuse but on a 2nd glass of wine).  I did mangle your post. 

On the bright side, I could be Joe Person in disguise or even better, have the talent to work for ESPN...

Seriously though, did not mean to take you out of context.

Archived