• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers - Falcons Gameday Thread

Zod

9 sacks today!!!!!

Defense is the reason we won the last 2 games. Offense did enough today, but is still out of synch ...but the defense has been incredible.

Now....they have two weeks to find the offensive consistency that we had mid season. If they do (and I think they will)....look the fug out.

You're kidding right?

If it was all on your defense, the Falcons and Saints wouldn't have been so close. Remember how the game is played. Offense score.,..Defense prevent opposing team from scoring. SMH

I swear, I have been watching this team seriously for the past three seasons while on this site, and I've never seen fans find ways to PISS on their offense. Says to me some of you really don't know darn thing about football. What I see is a team that is slowly but surely coming together physically on both sides of the ball after two full seasons of the Offense pretty much carrying a team while the defense find themselves. Yes, your offense is struggling but unlike the past two seasons when the defense did nothing but give games away, they are still finding ways to put poinst up on the board and help this team win. What more can you ask for.

You team is 12-4. If you want to put that into perspective, the Defense allowed this team to win 5 more games than last season and 6 more than the season before. The Offense is doing their part. Give credit where credit it due but don't PISS on the part of this team that has been carrying this team for the past 3 seasons despite their woes, fix the problems and make them stronger.

I also see a team that has found it's CONFIDENCE AS A TEAM. You cannot ask for more.

If our defensive line wasn't monstrous a play like that would have blown the game. We have the rare ability on this team to allow the offense to lay down and run the clock. But we should have made a better attempt at the 1st down. 

So you're saying that your defense almost giving the Falcons a chance to come back is your idea of a "monstrous" or just like a fickled Panther fan, you have forgotten that part of the game?  Your defense played their role and the offense did too. Glad to see some of you actually believe your offense sucks if they are not putting up 30 points or more. SMFH

Yeah, I though about D-Wills big runs after I posted. Plus Tugboat had one as well.

DWill had one run up the middle for 25 yards.  He had 33 yards total on 10 carries.  I'd say he only gashed them up the middle once in about 8 tries.  In the game I watched, Atlanta shut down the run up the gut, yet Panthers did not give up on it.  They kept trying it down to the very end of the game, especially on first downs, going nowhere and leaving second and long over and over.

Great performance by the defense, and a much needed win heading into the playoffs.

So you're saying that your defense almost giving the Falcons a chance to come back is your idea of a "monstrous" or just like a fickled Panther fan, you have forgotten that part of the game?  Your defense played their role and the offense did too. Glad to see some of you actually believe your offense sucks if they are not putting up 30 points or more. SMFH

By monstrous I mean 9 fugging sacks. Even still if the Falcons don't botch the snap they have a chance at a BS play to get down field. Why would that have happened in the first place? Because we played way too safe and didn't convert a first.

It's pretty damn well known our offense needs to pick it up. Of course I'm glad we won and we have the bye. But I don't want us to have to go through this scenario in the playoffs. I don't understand the point you're trying to make.

Archived