• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT says Redskins should interview Shula

PntherPryd

We don't want Shula gone. He can have Dorsey's job

was only the most efficient offense our franchise has had, a perfect compliment to the defense.  not to mention the inconsistent play of skill players and line, just not sure what people are expecting or who would have done better or why he should be replaced.

Shula's style of offense compliments a defense.  Run the ball, have a huge time of possession, keep the defense resting on the sideline.  He was a good fit with a defensive minded head coach.  Who knows if he'd make a good head coach but I have to say, he's done good work with Cam.  

was only the most efficient offense our franchise has had, a perfect compliment to the defense. not to mention the inconsistent play of skill players and line, just not sure what people are expecting or who would have done better or why he should be replaced.

That ain't saying much considering the qbs we've had. And your right the lack of talent isn't his fault. But calling slow developing plays when the line isn't holding up is his fault. There are ways to scheme around lack of talent. Cams raw ability makes up for a lot of this teams offensive struggles

Chances are good Shula will be back next season with more talent to work with on offense.

Then we'll know if the haters are right about Shula's lack of imagination or if his choices have simply been limited by the personnel available.

Also, Shula's slow, grind it out offense has helped to keep our defensive unit off the field and well rested. It has likely helped to reduce the Panther's fourth quarter defensive lapses due to physical exhaustion.

not that shula would be a good head coach but it's pretty funny how many people want him out of here so we can what?  bring a new guy in, have a new system, make Cam have his 3rd OC in 4 years... yea brilliant

Because offenses never excel under new systems and OC's?

I still want to see what Shula and the offense as a whole can do with another draft, bringing in some OL/WR/TE

I wouldn't be too upset if Shula's derp play-calling left, but he's also done better than I figured he would. If Cam and the offense is happy, you hope to keep him and give them more weapons to add big play potential back into the repertoire 

I still want to see what Shula and the offense as a whole can do with another draft, bringing in some OL/WR/TE

I wouldn't be too upset if Shula's derp play-calling left, but he's also done better than I figured he would. If Cam and the offense is happy, you hope to keep him and give them more weapons to add big play potential back into the repertoire 

I agree.

If we upgraded the OL and improved the running game, this offense would be balanced, dangerous, and chew up clock.  That is a nasty combination with the defense that we have.

Because offenses never excel under new systems and OC's?

so shula is the problem?  not dropped passes, missed blocking assignments, 3rd 4th string depth on line.  maybe the third OC in Cam's 4th year will be the charm?  since no one on the staff seems like they would be promoted, it would be a totally different system

Shula's style of offense compliments a defense.  Run the ball, have a huge time of possession, keep the defense resting on the sideline.  He was a good fit with a defensive minded head coach.  Who knows if he'd make a good head coach but I have to say, he's done good work with Cam.  

Lets not forget that Shula's style is perfect for the offense. We don't have an o-line that can pass protection long developing plays (something Chud loved to forget) and only the left side can run block. The receiving is average at best, and the only vertical threat is Ginn, who isn't a fantastic receiver but has been a pleasant surprise. Shula has maximized the strengths of the offense and tries to mask the weaknesses.

The best thing is if we get better weapons and o-line, we can play the methodical way or the quick strike way of Chud. Cam has more responsibilities under Shula and has grown as a passer (he still needs to fix the high throws, but nobody is perfect).

Shula gets a lot of unwarranted hate, but he's better than Chud for the team.

Archived