• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rusell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick and Cam Newton

Pantherxtreme

All three mobile athletic qbs the difference between Cam and the first two is that they are not their team's leading rusher. Both of those guys have weapons on offense plus they have top running games they can lead on, Cam does not, he's ask to do far more than those guys he has to be a pocket QB and be the top runningback on the team.

I dunno whether it's the Oline or the Rbs (I think it's the oline) but we have to give Cam some help on offense, We have a great young defense and dynamic QB and that got us to 12 wins on the season, but if we woant to reach that next level we need to address that issue, I know alot of people want recievers and so forth and yea that would be nice, but we're not the 99 Rams. if we had any consistant running game this season then we're still playing bottomline.

From a pure, old school QB perspective I believe Cam is the best of the three. Both Kap and Wilson have more offensive weapons and, therefore, they aren't in a position often to make something happen. 

Cam, with the obvious lack of offensive options, is forced to make things happen and he often carries this team. Neither Kap nor Wilson have to carry any part of their offense.

If we could get an offensive line that could just create better lanes, hell I'd settle for a line that just gets a good push up front it would make a world of difference.   Those of you looking for a super sexy offensive draft are going to be disappointed.  G-man will go O-line early and often as well as in free agency.

OL is why they can depend of their feet... we collapse rather than  push... this is why our backs struggle and Cam gets pressured. Cam's scrabble is more desperation in comparison to Wilson who knows the blocks are SET and he can move where he wants. Kap just rarely faces a real front 7 so I hold him behind those guys. In fact I say Luck is a true scrambler in comparison to Kap. why? because he goes through nearly all his reads and goes head on.

we had some weird plays yesterday, where we ended up with 2 or even 3 receivers in the same spot.  Looked like either bad play design, or people didn't know where the fug to go.  Some other plays that were head scratchers, too.  One that sticks out is when we had 3 wides on the left side, and they had only 2 defenders in view.  We run all three straight up the field long, leaving a wide open, empty middle.  Could have easily had one of them stop short, with the other two blocking, or cut one across the middle.  Instead, Cam gets sacked.

I think we definitely need new weapons, but we also need a faster, more fluid playbook, and the ability to adjust when we see favorable matchups or defensive breakdowns.

your right its the receivers fault they cant jump 8 feet in the air to catch all the overthrown balls.

What the f*ck are you on about, guys can't get open on the basic routes so when a defense pins their ears back against us, they force pressure in the backfield, that can fug with any qbs footwork

We need weapons who can catch the short and intermediate passes and make it easy on the offense as a whole

Unless you want to generate a legit run game, ok draft the OT but you need a rb as well...

dwill is nowhere near Lynch, but he's a pretty decent RB a lot of the time.  Early in the season he was generating some good gains.  I think that he isn't even close to being worth his contract tho.  I think our playcalling + OL are a big part of the problem

Archived