• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greatest Video Game Franchises

Dex

GOAT Franchises  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best?

• Mario/ Zelda/ Pokemon
    • Mortal Kombat/ Street Fighter
    • Elder Scrolls/ Fallout
    • Metal Gear Solid/ Tom Clancy
    • Resident Evil/ Silent Hill
    • Battlefield/ COD/ Halo
    • Final Fantasy/ Kingdom Hearts
    • Uncharted/ Max Payne
    • Counter Strike/ Half Life
    • Grand Theft Auto/ Red Dead Redemption
    • Assassin's Creed/ Hitman
    • Portal/ Bioshock
    • God of War/ Dark Souls
    • World of Warcraft/ League of Legends
    • Batman Arkham/ Gears of War
    • Mass Effect/ Star Wars
    • FIFA/ Madden/ 2K etc.
    • Misc. Racing games.
    • Other omg how did you miss ....

Halo 2 was horrible imo. It was way too rushed and felt very incomplete... especially in the campaign that just abruptly ended.

Uh halo 2 was the best one...

Perfected online console gaming and basically laid the blueprint for Xbl to work properly. Also what it brought to e sports and how to was the corner stone for MLG for years alone makes it one of the best games of all time. One of the most competitive console fps' ever made

If you were voting for just one, I'd say it'd have to be Mario. Is there any game series more prolific?

(Madden would have to be a strong contender though)

While Mario is without a doubt the GOAT. I'd make an argument for Metal Gear Solid as a close second. Revolutionized the gaming industry with it's storytelling, in game cinematics as well as it's gameplay. Also the boss fights were epic.

Halo 2 was horrible imo. It was way too rushed and felt very incomplete... especially in the campaign that just abruptly ended.

Yeah but the multiplayer was outstanding, Pretty much the best multiplayer game till Halo 3 and COD4 on the xbox. and that's a long time being the best.

I must be weird because I felt like Halo went down In quality with the inclusion of multiplayer the way it was designed on Halo 2. Didn't enjoy halo 2 at all, thought both the sp and mp was subpar. Crimson skies was the mp king for me on the original xbox for most of the time I owned one. I haven't really enjoyed a halo game since the first one. I absolutely hated halo 3 and took it back after like a week. Gears was awesome though as a mp experience.

I must be weird because I felt like Halo went down In quality with the inclusion of multiplayer. Didn't enjoy halo 2 at all, thought both the sp and mp was subpar. Crimson skies was the mp king for me on the original xbox for most of the time I owned one. I haven't really enjoyed a halo game since the first one. I absolutely hated halo 3 and took it back after like a week. Gears was awesome though as a mp experience.

you must be outside of your mind if you think halo 2 was bad it is the greatest multiplayer game of all time.

Yeah but the multiplayer was outstanding, Pretty much the best multiplayer game till Halo 3 and COD4 on the xbox. and that's a long time being the best.

MP was good, for the most part. But once everyone learned glitches (a few places you could get out of the level with a sniper rifle and, you know, shoot fish in a barrel).

I thought single player in CE was much better and MP in 3 and Reach were much better (mostly because of the Forge)

Dark Ages of Camelot for me, especially the vanilla / first xpac. Nothing cooler than having a realm fight between players of one faction taking on another, almost beating them up and taking control of their keep, just to get ambushed from behind by the third faction and fighting on two fronts.

Plus, I played a stealther that got to scale walls, assassinate folks, then jump off and run for my life back to my own crew, who were busy beating down the doors to get in as well. Most fun I'd ever had in an MMO, until they introduced the time-sink xpac that forced you to go farm crap for gear.

MP was good, for the most part. But once everyone learned glitches (a few places you could get out of the level with a sniper rifle and, you know, shoot fish in a barrel).

I thought single player in CE was much better and MP in 3 and Reach were much better (mostly because of the Forge)

Halo 2 was better than h3 in multiple and hands down far and away better than reach. Reach is regarded as the worst halo mp game out of the 5. The bloom along with the sprint jet pack armor abilities and instant spawn made it to much like cod. Which isn't halo at all

Archived