• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does arm length (OT) really matter?

mr beauxjangles

Logic tells me technique and being light on the feet supersede arm length. Those two variables being equal then give the nod to the longer arms, as long as the longer arms hold adequate strength

Considering that...Billy Turner is the guy who fits the bill measurement and technique wise.   

My understanding is that its actually arm length compared to height. 6'6" with 35" arms has an advantage over 6'6" with 32" arms because of natural leverage.

Somewhere along the way, it became the focus of commentators similar to 40 time with WR.

Its just one part of the puzzle, & not nearly as important as people would have you believe.

I know from playing highschool ball that long arms keep the defender from ripping/ grabbing because of the distance put there by long arms.

How the fug do you get in close enough to grab the guys jersey and perform a rip? Also, if you are a DL, you can try and grab the guys numbers, inside position you can control the OL player and try and turn him/ push him into the play. Sometimes making a clog where the RB wants to go if better then making a move and tackling

Archived