• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JJ Watts gets 6yr 100 million contract!

Pantherman

If Hardy is looking for anywhere near $100m, he's not finding it from Carolina. Even if he's acquitted, perception will still skew his price down on the market. Also, Gettleman came from NYG where they stockpiled pass rushers so they didn't have to worry about giving any one guy a massive deal. We have some great depth with Alexander, Ealy, Addison, and Horton.

Either way, I'd be surprised if Hardy is in a Panther uniform next season.

Agree! Watts is much better at getting at the QB and pressuring them then Hardy is. Don't get me wrong. Hardy is one of the top DEs in the league right now. But Hardy is questionable on why he disappear against good oline. JJ Watts don't always have that problem. Hardy does. Plus most of Hardy sacks last year came against trash oline. Namely the Falcons and Saints. So sometime Hardy is a ? when it comes to getting pressure. And if CJ ain't playing. Hardy is not as good neither. But unlike Watts. Hardy has trouble sometime getting pressure on QBs with good oline and when CJ ain't playing. But again he is a solid run defender and is solid most of the time at pass rushing and questionable at other times. Hardy deserve a nice fat contract with good money. But no where near that kind of money Watts just got. Maybe 5 yr 60-70 million and 45 million gtd and 20million signing bonus. But nothing like what Watts just got. Hardy would have to have 20+ sacks this season to even sniff the kind of Money Watts just got or more in a contract. We will see what happens. But I think the Panthers might have a tough time keeping him after this season. I got that bad feeling right now.

Hardy showed up when it matter if he doesn't have good games against the saints and falcons we might not win those games or the division. it doesn't matter who was playing OT for the other teams. Not to mentioned that whole argument is skewed simply because some people are salty he didnt "dominate" the niners playoff game

Agree! Watts is much better at getting at the QB and pressuring them then Hardy is. Don't get me wrong. Hardy is one of the top DEs in the league right now. But Hardy is questionable on why he disappear against good oline. JJ Watts don't always have that problem. Hardy does. Plus most of Hardy sacks last year came against trash oline. Namely the Falcons and Saints. So sometime Hardy is a ? when it comes to getting pressure. And if CJ ain't playing. Hardy is not as good neither. But unlike Watts. Hardy has trouble sometime getting pressure on QBs with good oline and when CJ ain't playing. But again he is a solid run defender and is solid most of the time at pass rushing and questionable at other times. Hardy deserve a nice fat contract with good money. But no where near that kind of money Watts just got. Maybe 5 yr 60-70 million and 45 million gtd and 20million signing bonus. But nothing like what Watts just got. Hardy would have to have 20+ sacks this season to even sniff the kind of Money Watts just got or more in a contract. We will see what happens. But I think the Panthers might have a tough time keeping him after this season. I got that bad feeling right now.

At least get his name right if you're gonna start a thread on the guy. There's no 's' in his last name.

As for Hardy, considering his off the field baggage and the $ he's gonna want, who says Gettleman and/or JR even wants to keep him. It would be a question for the money issue alone, considering the fact that Cam also needs to get paid.If you can't spread out your payroll a litle, you'll end up with gaping holes, talent wise, like we're trying to fill now.

Archived