• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

shula reveals how much freedom newton has to audible...

Shula on gameday

"alright Cam....You can audible between running Williams up the gut or totally fool these clowns and run the fake screen then throw a screen to the other side play"

"Cam, you blew it. That play didn't work. Maybe next week we will give you another shot at decision making"

"DEANGELO!! What are you doing on the sideline. Get back in the game, I finally got a good one for you"

Personally if my qb isn't able to audible near 100% of the time, I'm looking for another qb who I trust more

what would make you think that an OC whose entire history of playcalling at every level and in every job he has been the primary playcaller has been about ball CONTROL and clock CONTROL would allow his QB to have control over anything more than a minutiae of the game?

you have a QB who is one of the best in the league at improvising (esp. when healthy) and a QB who is risk averse and needs to have everything at a slow and controlled pace. the coach calls the shots. who do you think is going to have his way?

yes, cam has an inability audible, but the reason for that isn't because cam doesn't know how, it's because he isn't allowed.

what would make you think that an OC whose entire history of playcalling at every level and in every job he has been the primary playcaller has been about ball CONTROL and clock CONTROL would allow his QB to have control over anything more than a minutiae of the game?

you have a QB who is one of the best in the league at improvising (esp. when healthy) and a QB who is risk averse and needs to have everything at a slow and controlled pace. the coach calls the shots. who do you think is going to have his way?

yes, cam has an inability audible, but the reason for that isn't because cam doesn't know how, it's because he isn't allowed.

I didn't mean that against cam at all. It was more along the lines of "what the hell are the coaches thinking"

I wish there were stats on % of scoring drives having audibles vs. not. Because from my memory just about every single scoring drive, FG or TD, for the past month have come in the no huddle with Cam audibling at the line.

the pattern seems to be like this:

-run the no huddle and tear ass between the 20s

-shula slams on the brakes in the red zone and has cam huddle again

-drive stalls, field goal

Archived