• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 Free Agent Signing

Paintballr

My friend who knows things told me today that the Harper, Avant, and Cason signings were pushed hard by Rivera for wanting a vet presence in the locker room that would verbally support him and make him look good to the younger players.

Then Avant and Cason didn't support him and they were soon axed... Makes me wonder...

God damnit. Rivera is balls.

it's impossible to tell. He knocked it out of the park his first year, and this year he struck out. Logic dictates that he has earned one more year.

if our years had been flipped you wouldn't find a single person here clamoring for his head.

We regressed in a major way, and a lot of that is because of the decisions Dave made. When you make bad decisions trying to fix somebody else's bad decisions, they're still bad decisions.

The same people who whine about not being able to evaluate Cam turn around and say you can Gettleman? Lol

There is more to see with Cam than Gettleman but Cam is far down the list of things to fix.

The dude has no money or flexibility. How he handles the coaching staff will tell me what type of power he really has.

If Ron and Shula remain then it tells me it's all on JR and JR is who wanted Armanti and Bersin.

I'm not giving Getts a pass but once he gets away from being cap strapped then we will see what he is made of.

My friend who knows things told me today that the Harper, Avant, and Cason signings were pushed hard by Rivera for wanting a vet presence in the locker room that would verbally support him and make him look good to the younger players.

Then Avant and Cason didn't support him and they were soon axed... Makes me wonder...

What's your buddy saying about riveras status

Everybody thinks Dave just pops into Ron's office and says, "look Ron, here's the scrub of the week I signed for you to start at position x". Mostly, I think it's a case of Rivera telling Gettleman the type of player he's looking for and then the FO trying to juggle that request with the $$$ they have to spend. This poo they're in isn't squarely on Dave's head and after all that's gone on this season, I doubt Rivera didn't have a big hand in pushing for Smith to be let go.

I would give Gettleman a break considering his cap room and the whole Greg Hardy situation. I whole heartily believe we would be first in the division with Hardy.

Last season Gettleman was able to sign free agents who were young where as this season he signed old free agents that were past their prime. Gettleman believed he could probably get a year or two out of everyone. He paid pretty low prices for free agents and probably paid a little more to Harper and DeCoud considering they were pro bowlers a few years ago.

I will say this, if you were in charge who would you of signed to fill out our team needs in place of the FA's Gettleman signed?

I have this sneaky feeling that the 2015 FA signing will look exactly like this season. No money to spend so dumpster diving will be the term to remember.

20mil of dead money comes off the books plus Hardy's 13..

I don't have a clue how much will be left after 2015 salaries are adjusted, but there will definitely be some more room than the last 2 years.

20mil of dead money comes off the books plus Hardy's 13..

I don't have a clue how much will be left after 2015 salaries are adjusted, but there will definitely be some more room than the last 2 years.

Rough numbers from overthecap.com have us around $6m for 11 empty roster spots.

Depending on where we pick in the draft most of that will be used for the draft picks.

If the salary cap goes up as expected you can add that to the total. Also I am sure we will release and restructure more players.

Rough numbers from overthecap.com have us around $6m for 11 empty roster spots.

Depending on where we pick in the draft most of that will be used for the draft picks.

If the salary cap goes up as expected you can add that to the total. Also I am sure we will release and restructure more players.

It did sound too good to be true...

I feel like I need to get my waders on before I read this topic

Your that knee deep in poo huh?

Im okay with "value" free agents. You have to have those from time to time and it helps build depth.

What I'm not okay with is that majority of our FA didn't even make it through camp, and we are way worse than last year. Your value agents have got to be able to make your team or your in trouble.

Archived