• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Shula's Offense

Paintballr

Our offense does seem LESS predictable then it was and that's because of the audibles. Cam also is given control over when to go no huddle and slow back down. He is far more a coach on the field than he once was and an offseason after finally figuring out what was successful will be huge.

The play calls have been ok for the most part. Still some head scratchers. Sometimes it's a good play ran poorly, sometimes it's a good play to the wrong guy. Like a screen to Bersin or a toss to Tolbert

Probably keep him. To improve like this with this cast of receivers is quite a feat. Cotchery is old and slow, our rookie has hands of stone and the only speed we have on the team is from an undrafted rookie. Don't get me wrong, KB and philly will have great careers here, but damn we need some more weapons.

O-line

O-line

O-line

That has made all the difference.

Get the line right and all of a sudden a healthy stew looks like he woke up in 2008.

A running game means play action works again and the defense has to take the read option seriously.

More points from an efficient offense keeps the defense fresh and energized.

A young hungry defense with Luke TD and Big Johnson makes life very difficult when you are trying to mount a comeback.

It's easy to see where the change happened and you have to give the credit to the front office.

Since December 7th, the Panthers have scored the following points.....

41 against the Saints

19 against the Bucs

17 against the Browns

34 against the Falcon

27 against the Cardinals

That's an average of 27.6 points per game. Do you think we have finally found a identity to this team? Found some consistency? I was a big critic of his early this year and honestly expected a change after our losing streak. If we get to the NFC championship game does he stick next year? Contrast from the losing streak we had....

17 against the Packers

9 against the Seahawks

10 against the Saints

21 against the Eagles

17 against the Falcons

13 against the Vikings

That's an average of 14.5 points per game. What are your thoughts?

Shula needs to be replaced next year.

Shula hasn't changed at all. He is doing the same thing he did earlier this year. But now we have the components to run his offense which is a decent offensive line and running backs who get positive yards. Cam is relatively heathy and our receivers are making plays. The offense is the same but the results are much better

This---^

We need an OC that ALSO can adapt and change the gameplan according to the personel available in the games - Shula has shown us to many times this is not a skill he is possessing...

Sure, people don't know all of the intricacies of the game...blah blah blah.  We have heard all the apologist rhetoric regarding Shula since he has been here, and guess what? He still sucks! We win in spite of Shula's Fox-ball-esque strategy, not because of it.  This is the Cam Newton era...

Nothing you say will change my mind that Shula is a dimwit when it comes to "situational" awareness. Shula has a history, you know---something by which to judge his work.  His red zone work is red.  It's bloody murder!

Some seem to suggest that now that we have the pieces, Shula's offense is working like a charm.  What are you saying? Are you saying that Shula can only achieve success if conditions are 100 percent optimal? Damn, guys, I want an O.C. who not only obviously excels under great circumstances, but who can also pull some rabbits out of his hat when he doesn't have all of his pieces at his disposal (because that's the way the NFL works, arguably, most of the time).

Sure, people don't know all of the intricacies of the game...blah blah blah. We have heard all the apologist rhetoric regarding Shula since he has been here, and guess what? He still sucks! We win in spite of Shula's Fox-ball-esque strategy, not because of it. This is the Cam Newton era...

Nothing you say will change my mind that Shula is a dimwit when it comes to "situational" awareness. Shula has a history, you know---something by which to judge his work. His red zone work is red. It's bloody murder!

Some seem to suggest that now that we have the pieces, Shula's offense is working like a charm. What are you saying? Are you saying that Shula can only achieve success if conditions are 100 percent optimal? Damn, guys, I want an O.C. who not only obviously excels under great circumstances, but who can also pull some rabbits out of his hat when he doesn't have all of his pieces at his disposal (because that's the way the NFL works, arguably, most of the time).

Why ask questions as if you want answers when you already noted that nothing will change your mind. Pretty much a waste of time then and similar to many who don't want the facts to interfere with their already made up mind.

Why ask questions as if you want answers when you already noted that nothing will change your mind. Pretty much a waste of time then and similar to many who don't want the facts to interfere with their already made up mind.

Opinions are like assholes: everyone has one.  That's what it comes down to at the end of the day. You know mine, and I know yours. People use "facts" all the time to justify whatever opinions that they want to support. 

No need for the song and dance. Just agree to disagree like intelligent men, and move on.

Archived