• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another FA thread... but this one has lists and links

Ricky Spanish

There are so many WRS set to hit the markets this year it's utter insanity. at this point, I'm thinking we should hitch our wagon to one of them and go big on OT and S in the draft.

I won't be upset if this happens, but if given the choice, I'd much rather have a legit vet tackle and a rookie wide-out, versus a vet wide out and a rookie OT  (especially considering where we pick in the draft)

There are so many WRS set to hit the markets this year it's utter insanity. at this point, I'm thinking we should hitch our wagon to one of them and go big on OT and S in the draft.

I would like Fitzgerald. 31 and still has a few miles on his tires. IMO would be a good vet for KB to learn from.

All for an OT and Safety in the draft but at 25 are we going to get a Quality LT. From all I have heard there are not alot of LT and most likely those that are available will be long gone.

One thing I do like is that we have done well in the draft. DG should find us one at the right spot.

I wonder if there are any Tackles out there that are stuck behind some good tackles and cannot break the starting lineup. Could we strike lightning twice. Like Remmers

So here's who will be available and their respective grades with PFF by position. Who do you want? Who is realistic to pick up?

OT - Bell is at the very bottom (by a large margin) with -33.4 grade, so basically anyone else we sign is an immediate improvement. That is how catastrophically bad he was this year. 

WR - It'd be cool to grab Torrey Smith, he seems like the most realistic other than the hot garbage of Michael Crabtree, Hakeem Nicks, and others. Dwayne Harris as a returner might be an option as well. 

RB - RB? Yup, RB, especially if we don't draft one and if we let D-Lo go. Spiller could be an option.

LB - LB? Yup, LB, especially because I don't think they are sold on Klein as a starter and because TD is getting up there in age (and expensive). Can Nate Irving play outside? if so, he might want to come home. 

DE - You can never have too many pass rushers, case in point, this year. If we could somehow get JPP I would be soooooo happy. Derrick Morgan wouldn't suck either (not sure if TN runs a 4-3 though)

S - No idea about any of these guys or if any of them are realistic.

CB - Wouldn't mind taking Patrick Robinson away from NO. I know, Norman and Bene, but it wouldn't hurt to bring in solid competition for those two. You know, plus Depth and all. 

DT - We need more fat guys. Terrence Cody maybe? You can see Dwan and Cole listed and determine yourself if you want to bring them back. 

Anyway, what do you guys think?

Good stuff, thanks for the links.

Roos is the big name that stands out.

Would also like to get Torrey Smith.  That could go a long ways in helping out.  If we're dumpster diving for one more year two guys I'd like to look at are Eddie Royal and Jerell Jernigan.

Both are young speed guys that could help us stretch the field.

Also... for poo and giggles look at the very bottom of the OT market...

Lol.  -33

Roos is the big name that stands out.

Would also like to get Torrey Smith.  That could go a long ways in helping out.  If we're dumpster diving for one more year two guys I'd like to look at are Eddie Royal and Jerell Jernigan.

Both are young speed guys that could help us stretch the field.

Also... for poo and giggles look at the very bottom of the OT market...

Lol.  -33

-33.4*

But he deserves another contract guise

We gonna have some $$$ this year.  I'd sign FA WR and draft OT in 1st 2 rounds.  I would also draft another WR in first 3 rounds.  Give Cam some weapons.

Spread the field with 3 WR, 1 TE and 1RB.  Play Benjamin in the slot and 2 speedy guys on the outside.  This offense will go places.

Too bad Shula will still be the OC. I don't think this offense is going anywhere as long as he's pulling the strings. Pat Shurmer for OC

With the Left Tackle I don't want to do what the Bucs did. They signed a crap player to a long term guaranteed deal. That sucks. If we could get a player with question marks for 1-2 years I would be cool with it. Think Dwan Edwards type gamble. 

Those PFF numbers are absolutely useless. Every situation is unique. Remmers has a great PFF score and he's not that impressive either.

With the Left Tackle I don't want to do what the Bucs did. They signed a crap player to a long term guaranteed deal. That sucks. If we could get a player with question marks for 1-2 years I would be cool with it. Think Dwan Edwards type gamble. 

Those PFF numbers are absolutely useless. Every situation is unique. Remmers has a great PFF score and he's not that impressive either.

For the most part it's irrelevant but when you're -33.0...that's bad.  He looks bad, plays bad most of the time, scores bad on stat based rating formulas.  I agree otherwise though.  We should sign 2 respectable/medium priced vets and draft a guy we see fit.  

For the most part it's irrelevant but when you're -33.0...that's bad.  He looks bad, plays bad most of the time, scores bad on stat based rating formulas.  I agree otherwise though.  We should sign 2 respectable/medium priced vets and draft a guy we see fit.  

It's not just Bell. He's an extremely low score but look at Bulaga. They have him rated very highly but he was a disappointment in Green Bay. They gave the Left Tackle spot to a 4th round pick. I would imagine his score gets a bump for being in a good offense with a QB that can beat the pass rush with quick passes.

They have Jason Avant rated above Hakeem Nicks and Reggie Wayne. Maybe Nicks and Wayne didn't have great seasons but we know Avant didn't.  

It's a metric but a shallow metric. They don't know the play calls and don't consider the health of players. I like the list because its easy to read but those scores can't be taken seriously. 

Archived