• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another FA thread... but this one has lists and links

Ricky Spanish

So here's who will be available and their respective grades with PFF by position. Who do you want? Who is realistic to pick up?

OT - Bell is at the very bottom (by a large margin) with -33.4 grade, so basically anyone else we sign is an immediate improvement. That is how catastrophically bad he was this year. 

WR - It'd be cool to grab Torrey Smith, he seems like the most realistic other than the hot garbage of Michael Crabtree, Hakeem Nicks, and others. Dwayne Harris as a returner might be an option as well. 

RB - RB? Yup, RB, especially if we don't draft one and if we let D-Lo go. Spiller could be an option.

LB - LB? Yup, LB, especially because I don't think they are sold on Klein as a starter and because TD is getting up there in age (and expensive). Can Nate Irving play outside? if so, he might want to come home. 

DE - You can never have too many pass rushers, case in point, this year. If we could somehow get JPP I would be soooooo happy. Derrick Morgan wouldn't suck either (not sure if TN runs a 4-3 though)

S - No idea about any of these guys or if any of them are realistic.

CB - Wouldn't mind taking Patrick Robinson away from NO. I know, Norman and Bene, but it wouldn't hurt to bring in solid competition for those two. You know, plus Depth and all. 

DT - We need more fat guys. Terrence Cody maybe? You can see Dwan and Cole listed and determine yourself if you want to bring them back. 

Anyway, what do you guys think?

We gonna have some $$$ this year.  I'd sign FA WR and draft OT in 1st 2 rounds.  I would also draft another WR in first 3 rounds.  Give Cam some weapons.

Spread the field with 3 WR, 1 TE and 1RB.  Play Benjamin in the slot and 2 speedy guys on the outside.  This offense will go places.

Wouldn't mind Chris Polk at RB. Don't think Philly lets him go tho.

I could see Jerrel Jernigan. Pretty decent, plus with Cruz and OBJ he may be expendable. (Would rather draft WR)

Maybe Buster Skrine, but he will be retained more than likely. Their rookie CB hasn't made the transition yet.

Da'Quan Bowers would be interesting........

At S, McCourty would be great, but I really don't think NE would let him go. 

At OT, I don't even know who Derek Newton is but he has a high grade and plenty of snaps and he's young.  Can he LT?  If so throw all our FA dollars at him.  I'd prefer to FA an OT and draft a WR if possible.

At WR, if we could get any of these guys at a reasonable respective price I'd be happy:  Maclin, Crabtree, Shorts, Kearse (and by reasonable respective price, I mean I'd be willing to give much more money to Maclin than the others, amount of money is in the order I listed them).

At RB, Mark Ingram if he can be had at a decent price (doubt he'll be low enough for us).  RB really is a position you wanna draft cuz you can get good production for the draft value you spend.  If we can get Ingram for like $3 or 4 mil a year though, I'd be down for it.  Dunno if the Saints will let him go though, he finally started doing something in their system this year.  No to Spiller, will want way too much money in my opinion.

At DE, there's not much available.  I dunno much about Morgan but I do believe Tennessee runs a 4-3.  Cream of the crop is that beast known as the Kraken.  Hopefully we can afford him.

At DT, we don't need to spend much money.  We're going to need to shell out some serious dollars in a couple years for Star and Short.  Maybe Ellis from NYJ.  I know he's good, dunno what kind of payday he's up for.

At CB, there's a lot of guys I've kinda heard of and have good ratings according to PFF and are young.  Can't spend too much money here either, we're not that desperate at the position.  Maybe Sterling Moore outta Dallas, they don't have much money and he's young and a good grade.  Agreed on Robinson from NO, might be a solid option since they also will probably have some cap issues.

For our FAs, I expect some more 1-2 yr deals with not much guarranteed...but there could be 2-3 moves otherwise.

Looking at those lists, there's some appealing safeties that could be had for a reasonable starter contract and be a solid fit--Rahim Moore & Da'Norris Searcy jump out to me.  The Bills have a new coach, Duke Williams+Rambo at SS, and they had Corey Graham in a unique hybrid role at times.. so I don't see them really re-signing him.  

good post OP

I'll say no to Patrick Robinson, he has been a huge disappointment. He might just need a change of scenery, but my gut is that if he had been anything less than a first rounder he wouldn't be in the league. 

As far as safety goes: Devin McCourty is a very good and underrated safety, so he is almost 100% likely out of our price range.

Da'Norris Searcy is not too bad and I'm pretty sure can play strong safety, but I think the Bills will probably try to re-sign him.

Antrel Rolle is older, but he would probably be the most talented player to ever play the position for us (outside of Minter), plus there is a G-man connection.

Will Hill is crazy talented, but a complete idiot- no way do  we touch him. 

My buddy who is an Eagles fan often describes Nate Allen as "the biggest waste of safety space in the history of the league"

Archived