• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

4 Things Greg Hardy Must Do to Remain a Panther

Jeremy Igo

Based on what we saw at the end of the season, answer this question.

Which one of the following makes the team better?

A. Spend $10-15M a season on Hardy

B. Roll with our current DLine (maybe adding a rookie) and spend that same $10-15M on the OL, WR, and Secondary

If you still think we should sign Hardy and spend that cash...facepalm.

Look, I never said give the guy a blank check. All I said was we need him because he's a special player. We are a much better team with him on it.

I specifically said earlier "if he's innocent we should at least try to bring him back"

If he's asking for too much money you obviously have to let him walk. But if it's reasonable you keep him.

6 blowout losses in 10 games isn't exactly doing well. Yes we picked things back up after our division crumbled around us, and beat some bad teams, but the upcoming 2015 season will be the ultimate and final test for Ron as the head coach of this football team moving forward.

We have bigger concerns than Hardy honestly.

Everything hinges on Rivera, in my opinion at least.

Rookies.

I agree he makes the team better, obviously. But we have bigger fish to fry plus him being not trustworthy. I would definitely welcome him back for the right price and if found not guilty

You guys are really feeding on this.

We should refine our definition of "chance."

Dex has a chance at running the Boston Marathon. That would require him to lay off the chicken wings.

Just because someone (Voth) is hearing from someone "inside the organization" that Hardy has a "chance" at rejoining the team doesn't mean it's at all a possibility.

The question, folks, is one of degree, not kind.

Why is this site SO anti-Greg Hardy? Did the man not literally used to post here for a hot second? Am I the only one that remembers him asking for coats for the coat drive that was pinned at the top of this forum? That DEFINITELY doesn't make him a great dude, but why all this vitriol? Were any of you there and know exactly what happened? We give people the benefit of the doubt all the time, why don't we assume Hardy is innocent until proven guilty by a jury of his peers?

Because his poor judgement and lack of intelligence cost his team a ton of money, gave their image a black eye and hurt the team on the field. It's quite obvious why.

All of the Voth haters, according to Voth, this is a sourced list, not something that he made up. Check his Twitter feed, I'd c&p but I'm on my phone

Did alright? Did you watch the defense in December and in the playoffs? They were as good as any Panthers unit over the past decade.

The defense was trash against Seattle because we couldn't get pressure on Wilson and our rookies made rookie mistakes. With Hardy we have a very solid chance of winning that game. My point is, we may be a good enough defense without Hardy but Hardy is that extra elite piece that takes us over the edge. With him we could be the ones hoisting the Lombardi right now. I know what you're sources have said to you because you've been saying it over and over again here, but I don't believe those sources. The only 3 people who's opinions matter are Gettleman, Rivera and JR. And I'm fairly certain you haven't talked to them and even if you did they wouldn't actually reveal anything. Rivera clearly wants him back and I'm sure Gettleman would if he could get his talent for like $5M or less. I can't see JR overriding Gettleman on that if Hardy is found innocent. IMO it's all up to how much Hardy would take to play here and him getting found innocent.

Gettleman LOVES value. So if he can get Hardy for a steal, I can't believe he will pass it up. That being said, it really depends on what he believes would be a steal. We may say (hypothetically) 1 to 2 years at 4 mil a year is a steal. However, with current events and other needs being......well, more needed, he may not set too high of a value on Hardy. Also, Richardson may veto anyway.

we may be a good enough defense without Hardy but Hardy is that extra elite piece that takes us over the edge. The only 3 people who's opinions matter are Gettleman, Rivera and JR. And I'm fairly certain you haven't talked to them. IMO it's all up to how much Hardy would take to play here and him getting found innocent.

And there it is.

Archived