• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Panthers Not Expected To Bring Back Hardy

Mr Mojo Risin

No I knew it was coming.. it's the same Mb bullshit that ticks me off..

Acting like this is a easy replacement. .

Acting like the players wasn't really as good as he was...

Acting like he was a major problem because he was speeding and like Motorcycle. .

Let's just be realistic.. this is a major loss that I hope doesn't come back to haunt us..

Hardy was lost once he decided to act a fool, yet again, extending his lack of judgement and maturity for all the world to see. This divorce is not about motorcycles, per se (which are very risky propositions for even those with sound judgement), it is about his pattern of recklessness and lack of appreciation for his team and his opportunity in the NFL. He has proven to be selfish and thoughtless throughout his relatively short career. Though it's a marked loss, it's not as devastating as you are making it out to be. We made strides toward the end of the year, and we will continue to improve. We can bring in some guys that are not only make an impact pass rushing on the field, but are able to pass Hardy's level of foolishness and stupidity off the field.

Hardy was lost once he decided to act a fool, yet again, extending his lack of judgement and maturity for all the world to see. This divorce is not about motorcycles, per se (which are very risky propositions for even those with sound judgement), it is about his pattern of recklessness and lack of appreciation for his team and his opportunity in the NFL. He has proven to be selfish and thoughtless throughout his relatively short career. Though it's a marked loss, it's not as devastating as you are making it out to be. We made strides toward the end of the year, and we will continue to improve. We can bring in some guys that are not only make an impact pass rushing on the field, but are able to pass Hardy's level of foolishness and stupidity off the field.

We made strides against suckass teams and every player in that Locker respects and love Greg and not one would call him selfish. .

Yet we put up with Smith's bullshit for over a decade. JR is contradicting himself big time.

If it was just that, then all is well. That can be viewed as natural immaturity. But look at the whole body of work, then ask yourself(answer truthfully) is he really worth offering a huge contract to when its 50/50 that he may not be on the field because of future antics.

JPP would sign for the money we gave Hardy to sit at home and what we would have to give him to come back.

So, safer bet, Hardy or JPP? JPP is the one that can actually support the "elite" title! Plus, he has never been suspended or put on exempt list

How is JPP elite when Hardy isnt? JPP has literally never had back to back good seasons seasons (which was your definition of someone being elite), while Hardy had consecutive double digit sack seasons and didn't even get a chance for the 3rd in a row.

I mean, I can understand not wanting the guy because of character issues but to pretend he is not one of the best at his position is ridiculous. 

Hardy is a lot like many of us when we were young,  making  mistakes that are corrected with learning from past experience. His main mistake was associating himself with the wrong people.  He was set to make a small fortune and bad people will take advantage of his situation.  If Hardy is found guilty, we did the right thing for the team.  If he is found not guilty of the charge against him, then  Richardson should have a talk with Hardy about his future and how people who have made mistakes can turn their life around and be a positive influence on those who have looked up to him.

It never had anything to do with the outcome of the trial. I don't know how many ways I can explain that to people. 

I'm guessing you won't want to explain it again, but please do in short at the very least.

Hypothetically

The worst thing he did was place himself in the position. However if there is one thing I've learned in all my years dealing with women...

99.96% ARE CRAZY and the other .04% are mythical creatures

Other than that the only true incident I recall him having is the obvious motorcycle situation.  Anything else is reaching for a reason.   If he's proven guilty fine literally Release the Krakken it is understood.  If found innocent however, how can you punish a guy for something he did not do?

*Or were you saying that it has to do with salary/he wouldn't have been here even if the case never happened.....in which case I typed all of the above for nothing smh

How is JPP elite when Hardy isnt? JPP has literally never had back to back good seasons seasons (which was your definition of someone being elite), while Hardy had consecutive double digit sack seasons and didn't even get a chance for the 3rd in a row.

I mean, I can understand not wanting the guy because of character issues but to pretend he is not one of the best at his position is ridiculous.

JPP can support the elite label better. They both got drafted the same year, JPP has 8 more sacks! JPP playing with Star and Short in the middle would garner 12 sacks a year.

But biggest difference, JPP has never been suspended for 15 games.

Hardy can be elite, but he needs to smarten up real quick

We bring him back if he were to chose our contract! We can't expect him to sign a clause loaded contract when other teams will offer him loads of guaranteed money. What would you sign?

If he chooses to go elsewhere then that isn't the same as the Panthers just letting him go...

Perhaps he wasn't genuine saying he wants to play here and for cheap but if he was I'd take him up on it.

If he is found not guilty then what was the screw up?

He isn't signing a cheap restrictive contract anywhere. If he can play he will make bank. 

If he's not guilty then yea I don't really get what the problem is either...he makes questionable decisions and that would be what the front office would be worried about.

Like I said he is the one who said he wanted to play here and would for cheap...if he was just talking to talk then so be it but if he really would sign here for cheap then the Panthers would be stupid to not take him up on it.

If a team offers him a poo ton of money then yea he's gone but that isn't the same as the Panthers simply not bringing him back.

Archived