• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hardy Case Dismissed

Jase

I remember those reports even after the reports of the charges came out, but are you saying you've heard personally from someone inside that they are negotiating with him as well?

If so, what is your feeling about what will happen?

I feel that he will sign for a massive amount of money elsewhere. What most people feel.

I have not heard nor said that we are negotiating with him currently. If I did it was a mistype.

People forget Hardy loves this team and is close to a lot of guys here. He also mentioned how he "felt bad" for getting all this cash for literally 1 game. If we offered him a hometown discount, I wouldn't be surprised to see him take it.

But then again I wouldn't be surprised to see his eyes open up and him flee when teams offer him huge cash.

But seriously, I hope we can keep him but I'm not going to bank on it

#HardyTwoFaced

Didn't read whole thread

Was under the impression,  that it was Goodell and Richardson working in tandem,  that got Hardy off the field last season

Goodell couldn't just suspend Hardy without the players' union jumping down his throat,  so in pops the commish list,  only the commish list doesn't work unless Hardy signs the little piece of paper agreeing to be placed on it       Only way to get Hardy to agree to sign the little piece of paper was the Panthers' strong arming Hardy,  by deactivating him,  and threatening to keep deactivating him for the rest of the season

Unless Goodell has total control over our roster and can tell our team who they can play and who they can not play,  then I don't know how last season wasn't on Richardson just as much as it was on Goodell..

Like I said,  That was from my understanding,  if I'm wrong,  feel free to correct

Both sides said they were negotiating and/or would continue negotiating. That's what I know and that was what was reported.

You seem to have a need to be right about something Voth allegedly tweeted.

Move along.

He did more than tweet...

When the Panthers put the franchise tag on Greg Hardy, they never intended to sign him to a long-term deal. He was a rental, and it made sense. The best way to make another playoff run while rebuilding at other spots was to keep the dominant front seven intact. Hardy’s legal situation threw a wrench into that plan. And while Gettleman and Rivera won’t come right out and say it, Hardy is not in the franchise’s future plans.

http://blackandbluereview.com/dave-gettleman-intriguing-comments/

So, you have a better source than Voth?

I am hearing from what I consider a reliable source that the payoff was in the range of $4M.

This person is a huddler, so they may eventually post on this.

Four million? Good gravy, who in the hell would advise Hardy to think that was a fair amount? If true it just shows why these athletes go broke.

Archived