• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has Voth changed his opinion of Hardy's future?

Nick_81

LOL....yeah, he meant that

Of course he didn't mean that, but at the very least he knows he isn't getting the mega-deal he would have gotten last offseason.  Best the Panthers can hope for if they want to bring Hardy back is a cap friendly one year prove-it deal with a ton of incentives to motivate him.  

Of course he didn't mean that, but at the very least he knows he isn't getting the mega-deal he would have gotten last offseason. Best the Panthers can hope for if they want to bring Hardy back is a cap friendly one year prove-it deal with a ton of incentives to motivate him.

No such thing as a cap friendly one year deal for Hardy here

He obviously won't play for free or vet min and there's a 99.99% chance he won't be back.

But you can't make light of it if he signed a one year deal to play for say $5MM. For an NFL player in his prime where your future isn't guaranteed, that would show A LOT of humility on Hardy's part IMO.

He obviously won't play for free or vet min and there's a 99.99% chance he won't be back.

But you can't make light of it if he signed a one year deal to play for say $5MM. For an NFL player in his prime where your future isn't guaranteed, that would show A LOT of humility on Hardy's part IMO.

0e46b4389780537.jpg 

This sort of news doesn't even contradict what JI has been saying. The office intends to let him walk. This is the players trying to keep him. Maybe it'll work out that way, but it's tough to be optimistic that it would.

I definitely think it matters.  Sufficient player support could do a lot to change the dynamic.

But there's still one very major obstacle.

Hardy is likely to be suspended by the league.  If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say four games, but six or more is definitely possible,

And if that happens, then we're talking about a contract and roster spot for Hardy for a partial season for the second year in a row.

That's gonna be a tough sell.

I feel like letting him go outweighs the potential risk of keeping him if the reports are true and he's actually willing to put forth the effort and accepts whatever contract necessary to keep him. If we let Hardy walk despite our coach and locker room leading players lobbying for him, imagine the impact on our team mentally. If they feel that JR and Gman didn't do everything in their power to keep him then it could destroy our locker room. If we ever struggle to get pressure on opposing QBs how could it not be in the back of the player's minds? "fug this, we should've kept Hardy!"

I feel like letting him go outweighs the potential risk of keeping him if the reports are true and he's actually willing to put forth the effort and accepts whatever contract necessary to keep him. If we let Hardy walk despite our coach and locker room leading players lobbying for him, imagine the impact on our team mentally. If they feel that JR and Gman didn't do everything in their power to keep him then it could destroy our locker room. If we ever struggle to get pressure on opposing QBs how could it not be in the back of the player's minds? "fug this, we should've kept Hardy!"

Hardy destroyed our locker room last year. RR said it took til about week 8 for everyone to realize he wasn't coming back.

But I think that also shows how great of a teammate he is and the players genuinely like him and feed off his energy

Anyone who thinks Hardy will play here on a deal materially less than what another team would pay him is nothing more than dillusional.

It is a business..plain and simple.

Money flat out talks... Just like all of you would switch to another company for a material raise.

Anyone who thinks Hardy will play here on a deal materially less than what another team would pay him is nothing more than dillusional.

Money flat out talks... Just like all of you would switch to another company for a material raise.

I agree. I'm throwing out hypotheticals, I don't actually think they will play out that way though.

Have you ever looked at the Spurs salary cap?

Archived