• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has Voth changed his opinion of Hardy's future?

Nick_81

He obviously won't play for free or vet min and there's a 99.99% chance he won't be back.

But you can't make light of it if he signed a one year deal to play for say $5MM. For an NFL player in his prime where your future isn't guaranteed, that would show A LOT of humility on Hardy's part IMO.

True. I'd also like to add it wouldn't be totally bad for Hardy to come back on a 1 year prove it deal. He won't command as high a price now as he would have after his last season, but if he comes back for a year and balls out.....it could actually help him in the long run. Here's to hoping.

imo,    The commish list should count as a suspension for the sake of punishment....  if a player is on it for longer than he would have initially been suspended anyway.        Then after the final verdict.... instead of doing another suspension,  just fine a player for 6 games.  

imo, The commish list should count as a suspension for the sake of punishment.... if a player is on it for longer than he would have initially been suspended anyway. Then after the final verdict.... instead of doing another suspension, just fine a player for 6 games.

If your work sends you home for a year with total pay would you see it as punishment?

He hasn't had any unpaid time off yet.

The new rule that was brought in last year for athletes facing criminal cases states:

1) players will be put on the commissioner's exempt list until their case was settled

2) NFL would then base its punishment on conclusion of the case

3) players involved in DV would face a 6 game ban

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/10/us/nfl-conduct/

Wasn't the new DV policy put in place after Hardy's charges? At the end of the day we are talking about a first time offender and misdemeanor charge. And he was acquitted in the court of law. Does that even make him an actual first time offender? I would think not.

Wasn't the new DV policy put in place after Hardy's charges? At the end of the day we are talking about a first time offender and misdemeanor charge. And he was acquitted in the court of law. Does that even make him an actual first time offender? I would think not.

Thats the bit I don't get. I think the league said all the current cases would be judged against the new policy, but now that the trial is complete and acquitted, why are they still digging to try and force the suspension?

Archived