• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Holy crap Gordell made $35mil this past year

JawnyBlaze

Goodell is actually good at his job. Being liked by the fans isn't part of it

Well that's one opinion.  I think the NFL would be just as popular without all his terrible decisions.  The boom of the NFL is as much a result of the drastic decline of baseball and basketball as anything else, in my opinion.  I think it'd be even more popular now if Goodell was actually doing a good job.  Being the commissioner of a successful venture isn't necessarily a direct cause-result circumstance.  But everyone's entitled to their opinion.

And on a separate note, I'm not surprised the commissioner of the NFL is making that much, I'm surprised someone who is doing such harm to his product is making so much.  That's what I was surprised about.

Well that's one opinion.  I think the NFL would be just as popular without all his terrible decisions.  The boom of the NFL is as much a result of the drastic decline of baseball and basketball as anything else, in my opinion.  I think it'd be even more popular now if Goodell was actually doing a good job.  Being the commissioner of a successful venture isn't necessarily a direct cause-result circumstance.  But everyone's entitled to their opinion.

And on a separate note, I'm not surprised the commissioner of the NFL is making that much, I'm surprised someone who is doing such harm to his product is making so much.  That's what I was surprised about.

Apart from disciplinary issues, the changes that are happening in the game are not due to unilateral decisions by Goodell. They are voted upon by the owners after suggestions from different committees within the NFL. If you are going to blame Goodell, you should blame the owners as well as members of the competition committee who suggest these changes.

Unless you don't understand how the NFL works.

Archived