• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Gettleman be tempted to draft Gurley @ 25?

CatMan72

Was just listening to talk on the NFLN about Todd Gurley. He's recovering from an ACL right now, but we all know what kind of talent He posses. The injury will most likely cause him to still be on the board at 25 and it sounds like we're moving on from DeAngelo... How tempted will Gettleman be and how big would the huddle meltdown be?

Not at all tempted in my opinion. At least not seriously. He is gonna pick the best value. Not just the best player. Knowing you can get a RB in later rounds and get similar production keeps him from pulling the trigger here. When he could possibly grab a guy like WRSammie/OTCollins/(insert large player). Can't teach speed or size. I guess it's possible, but I don't see it happening.

Don't think it's the worst ever idea, but put the likelihood at a very low percentage.  

It would require all of the OTs, WRs, DEs, CBs and Landon Collins not being there in order for it to happen, IMO. Gurley is a rare talent, injury history or not. He is capable of giving Adrien Peterson kind of production, but you just don't know how long he will be capable.  Could be one season, could be ten. Too much risk in the first round. 

There are gifted RBs that possess more value after the first round too, but that, IMO, is a gamble too. Gurley is crazy talented, but with two major collegiate injuries, he would literally have to be the BPA at 25. Though the stats compare pretty favorable to Trent Richardson's at Alabama, I don't remember Richardson being as explosive and eye-catching as Gurley is.

Literally everytime that Gurley touched the ball, it could have been a home run at UGA. My gf went to UGA so they became my default SEC team since I don't have one. Loved what I saw from him, and he's an NC native.

Gurley will slide into the 2nd round, maybe the 3rd.  take a chance there, but not in the first.

Third round? That's ridiculous. He'll be long gone by the time we pick in the second. He could even be gone by 25 tbh. This "RB position is dead" "take" is completely overblown. The only reason a RB hasn't been taken in the first recently is because there hasn't been one worth taking. Gurley is the best talent since Peterson and will almost certainly go in the first round if he's cleared medically. Daniel Jeremiah put it best in his podcast recently. If you have a stud RB talent and so-so talent at other positions you take the RB. That's going to be the case as the bottom half of round one shakes out. 

Archived