• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D Will says Panthers didn't reach out to him when his mother died

QCkilla

He has no reason to lie about something like this, therefore I have no choice but to believe him.

Lying? No. Stretching the truth because of bias? Yes.

He needs to stop attention whoring and just move on. I don't expect my employer to care about my personal life. I'm there to do a job. His mom was honored in many different way and he made millions working for the organization. If not for Hurney giving him a loyalty contract he would have been gone after 2010. What more should he expect?

Hopefully few of you have had to deal with your parent passing and won't soon. It sucks. My mom unexpectedly passed a few years ago & I can remember feeling very surprised when the sun rose the next morning. The grief can be intense.

No one from my -then- place of employment came to the funeral service and, man, it hurt deep. I had already worked there 13 years and I had seen management go to funerals for other employees' loved ones who died. I went when it was someone I felt I knew well. It was part of the culture there or so I thought. So when no one showed it stung. I then discovered that it only happened if you were part of the high-school-atmosphere-cool-crowd. My entire attitude about the company and its owner and management changed.

So I totally understand how DeAngelo feels. It's been less than a year. He's still hurting & I 100% get it.

btw he had nothing to do with how his interview was released (in pieces) or advertised. That was all on WBTV. He did the interview in one sit-down with Molly & that's how it should be taken.

So be it, if you want to drink the Jerry and Dave laced bullshit Kool-Aid, go ahead.

i like winning and playoff appearances.  if you don't then that's cool i guess.

it seems like you're more attracted to the tabloid TMZ side of the NFL because most of your posting revolves around what a supposed massive douche our GM is because he cut some of your favorite players.  maybe you should stick to pro wrasslin.

Only on the Huddle where you attack an ex-player for being human. I am not saying that D-Will was totally right, but neither is anyone, including some within the Panther's FO

What disturbs me the most about this whole situation is that there are many in the Huddle that take the first opportunity to jump on someone when they are down like a dog on last night's scraps. In my opinion, some of you need to check yourselves.

The Huddle is good in a lot of ways, but having class is not one of them.

I have seen the term "petty" slung around this thread in reference to Williams, but for me, this thread is the poster child for how petty some within the Huddle really are. To me it's not a good luck for a fan base that should pride itself on being the most knowledgeable and classiest in the league. At least that is what my vision for this place is, but I guess that's too much to ask.

Because his mother was the most important person in HIS life he thought the world and the organization should have made more of an effort to commemorate her. 

They fell short of what he thought she deserved and he proceeded to be worthless for the year

Brett Farve's dad died and he went out there and won a football game in his honor the next day. People react differently to the passing of close ones. DWill unfortunately regressed more that he has over the last few years. 

Looking back now I wonder if he gave his best effort when in the game. Not sure now.

Archived